Director, Partnerships NYC Metropolitan Area
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.As the Director of Partnerships, you will oversee and deepen relationships with school districts, associations, and other organizational partners. The ideal candidate for this role will have outstanding relationship building capabilities, will build on a strong existing network with relevant stakeholders, and will have previously worked in account management or a strategic partnerships capacity. This is a full-time, exempt opportunity reporting directly to the Vice President of Partnerships.
For consideration candidates must reside in the NYC, New York Metropolitan area.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proactively cultivate partnerships with K-12 school districts and associations to transform their teacher’s continuing education and professional development with HotChalk and university partner's programs and courses
- Build strong relationships with district and association stakeholders in order to collaborate with them in customizing solutions and in marketing the programs and courses
- Closely work with internal stakeholders to tailor communication towards top districts and regularly contribute to relevant social marketing activities
- Drive your region with an entrepreneurial mindset – this includes managing regional support and field teams.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly regional goals and forecast partnership lead activity within the region accurately
- Develop, select, plan, and attend lead generating conferences and events
- Spend at least 50% of your time in the field; significant travel required within your region
- Understand goals and objectives of all district and association accounts within your region and have an understanding of where sales opportunities exist (i.e. demographics, education trends, funding, other key external influences)
- Drive monthly and quarterly objectives, monitor progress and implement improvements
- Develop strong relationship with internal partners, including executive team and marketing and admissions leadership to support channel enrollment objectives
- Analyze regular lead and partnership reports to determine greatest opportunities and direct team focus, as appropriate
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- A Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5 years in educational field or practitioner who holds a strong network with relevant stakeholders in schools, districts, associations and key organizations in the area
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and lead work direction
- Proven track record of exceptional results
- Demonstrated success in working with internal and external stakeholders customizing solutions and executing campaigns
- Strong conceptual and consultative sales skills and the ability to promote our university programs and professional development courses to our partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to craft and tell a compelling story around passion points. Ability to create buy-in
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, time management and follow-through
- Proven strong computer and social media skills
- Customer-focused mentality and a winning attitude
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years of educational field or practitioner
- Strong network and engagement with relevant stakeholders in schools, districts, associations and key organizations in the region.
- Experience managing and influencing teams
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, i.e. Salesforce
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job: loading and unloading vehicles, moving and carrying boxes, event setup and tear-down, using dollies and hand trucks to move and store materials. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; regularly bend, crouch, and kneel; stand and walk for extended periods of time; work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com