Student Accounts Advisor
The Student Accounts Advisor (SAA) is an integral part of the outstanding student experience that we provide. The primary role of the Student Accounts Advisor is to assist students with questions regarding their financial account and confirm that their tuition funding is secured within payment deadlines. This position actively collaborates with the Financial Aid Office, Bursar’s Office, Student Services and the Admissions team. The Student Accounts Advisor is responsible for implementing a routine collection process while maintaining a high level of student empathy.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reinforce policies and procedures of HotChalk and University Partners to solve student account issues using interdepartmental resources
- Manage student account balances
- Invoice new and continuing students for each term
- Advise financially “at-risk” students and assist students who want to be reinstated to the University after deadlines
- Advise all cash paying students and ensure their balances are paid or payment plans are set up within payment deadlines
- Collaborate with Financial Aid department and students to ensure students complete all requirements within payment deadlines
- Advise students who want to appeal the Standard Academic Process (SAP) and not drop-out of the program
- Collaborate with Admissions team to provide financial advising for all new and potential students to ensure student understanding of tuition payment options and expectations as they begin their program
- Support HotChalk Finance team with student account and data inquiries
- Provide outreach and notification of all past due balances, answers all questions pertaining to balances and provides payment options
- Run, analyze, create and update reports for overall collections process, to support student outreach (i.e. invoicing students, sending refund notifications, sending past due collection notifications, etc)
- Document all student communication in Student Management System
- Create detailed and customized account statements for students
- Assist in other activities as needed
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience working in the accounting department of a school or college
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Works closely within a team in a fast-past environment
- Ability to work with a sense of pride and urgency and to adapt and be flexible as
- Experience with MS Word and Excel required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com.