Vice President of Technology
Our Vice President of Technology will provide the technology vision and leadership to support HotChalk's business and will guide the development, implementation, management, and support of all technology for the organization.
As an experienced technology leader with an analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit, the VP of Technology inspires technical teams to achieve their best work while solving complicated problems in a supportive culture.
This senior level role demands exceptional technology expertise combined with leadership presence, proven strategic planning experience, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally on technology decisions.
This role is responsible for planning the information technology future for the organization, as well as the implementation and maintenance of current systems. The Vice President of Technology will drive the company's software development, application support, infrastructure, and security in an agile environment. He/she will serve as a key member of the management team setting strategic direction, through collaboration and business acumen.
The VP Technology works closely with internal teams, specifically Marketing, Enrollment, and Student Services as well as our University Partners to ensure operational success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team with the responsibility to support and advise leadership in all matters related to the technology needs of the company
- Partner with business leaders across functions to strategize and deliver technology initiatives aligned with business initiatives
- Foster a Technology Team culture which consistently demonstrates the commitment to the Company Mission and Values and is characterized by transparency, innovation, and accountability
- Develop a technology leadership team that collaborates well, provides superior guidance to Tech Team Members, operates within the parameters of established company policies and procedures and creates synergy within the Data and Tech organization;
- Oversee the hiring, development, commitment and retention of a well-skilled technology workforce; Ensure training and development is provided on a consistent basis to maintain and enhance skill levels in all technology disciplines;
- Ensure that the strategies and initiatives fit within the goals of the company
- Develop and maintain an appropriate technology organizational structure that supports the needs of the business
- Set objectives and strategies for the Technology Team, operationalizing and implementing them
- Select, implement and leverage suitable technology and platforms to streamline student journey/experience and allow for efficient processes
- Prioritize Technology projects and manage workload scheduling and resourcing to assure on-time and on-budget completion
- Help identify and maximize opportunities for technology efficacy, scalability, and innovation
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance and cost-effectiveness
- Work with University Partners to optimize processes and seamless data exchange
- Ideate with team leads on architecture, and drive a cohesive strategy balancing short term wins with long term maintainability.
- Liaise with leadership and internal teams to provide regular Technology updates, represent Technology perspective and advocate for the Technology Team
- Proactively manage Technology sub-teams to encourage engagement and cross-functional collaboration
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit: http://www.hotchalk.com.