Director of Marketing Analytics
Marketing is ever changing and very exciting at HotChalk. We use a wide variety of marketing platforms and we’re constantly looking for cutting edge data analytics solutions to optimize and our marketing budgets appropriately across them. HotChalk looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of marketing data including from vendor platforms, web traffic tools, and our internal company database. This person will use their strong analytics skills and tools (Tableau, Excel and SQL) to craft stories and make recommendations to the Digital marketing team.
This role will drive strategic analytics projects in conjunction with the Data and WebDev teams. They will champion data-driven decision making and the test and learn approach for the company’s marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop strategy, benchmarks, goals, and KPIs throughout the entire marketing funnel from awareness to purchase
- Provide strategic analytics support for marketers on channels like SEO, SEM, Paid Social, Lead Aggregators, and Publisher Email.
- Be the company expert on marketing data and lead the data effort to curate marketing datasets to enable rapid analysis including developing a rich marketing event dataset from data collected from our Segment.com implementation.
- Work with our data and marketing team to maintain and update the predictive forecasting model
- Analyze online and offline customer behavior and journey and build a multi-touch attribution model
- Develop a full-funnel marketing dashboard to monitor KPIs for acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from a various structured and unstructured data source
- Present impactful analysis and data stories to marketers and executives in a compelling way
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams
- Oversee delivery of test designs and results in analyses, with actionable interpretations, across all marketing touch-points
- 7+ years of experience analyzing large datasets and crafting compelling data stories
- 3+ years in a marketing focused role and core understanding of acquisition marketing
- Strong research and analytical mindset
- As comfortable talking deeply about data/statistics as you are with describing the results to executives
Critical skills for this position:
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Data Viz Guru (Tableau)
- Knowledge of Web Analytics (Google Analytics) and Segment.com
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data stories in a clear, concise manner
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Bias for action
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit http://www.hotchalk.com.