Online Community Manager
You’re highly computer and Internet savvy with a strong working knowledge of Facebook, who knows how to phrase a question for maximum engagement. You’re an engager and networker who loves meeting people online, and building and maintaining relationships. You love education and want to spend your time online celebrating and supporting teachers. You’re self-motivated, driven, and able to articulate your vision. You’re good at multitasking, have a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
The online community manager works with engagement strategists and creative team members to monitor, maintain, and enhance a brand through connecting with consumers to cultivate evangelists. As part of an integrated marketing team they put social communities to work to extend the reach of inbound and traditional marketing tactics.
This position involves managing two distinct online communities. The first consists of current students and alumni—and this role is tasked with starting and propelling positive conversations and triaging concerns and routing them to the enrollment, student services, and partnership teams. The second community is a wider network of educators that are seeking professional development—and this role is responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships between community members, moderating discussions, curating submitted content, and facilitating user testing and focus group experiences to surface concerns and ideas to the product team so we can improve the platform experience.
- Conduct research and analysis of new social media trends, sites, tools, and news; reporting to the rest of the team on significant industry developments and making recommendations for how best to support our users
- Providing weekly and monthly updates to the marketing and product team on the success of (and challenges facing) all of our social communities
- Deliver on community outreach strategies, to get customers / students / educators talking about our partner institution and products
- Nurture an online community of students and alumni, running giveaways and polls, and collecting testimonials about program and alumni outcomes
- Seek out relevant content for our audiences to share in our social community and on social networks like Pinterest, establishing our brand as a trusted resource
- Implement the launch of campaigns to support organic reach
- Participate in brainstorming, validation, and user testing sessions—then distilling feedback into user stories to work with an agile team and create an actionable backlog
- Coordinate weekly user testing sessions that range from product reviews to focus groups—all with a strong focus on the end-user experience
- Ability to conduct research and analysis of new social media trends, sites, tools, and news;
- Strong organizational skills to successfully manage publishing schedules for social content, promotions, campaign activations, social objectives, messaging—writing posts, sourcing visuals and ensuring alignment to the overall product and marketing plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a crucial part of the success of this position, specifically the ability to present ideas and information clearly, personify the voice of a brand or product, adjust tone and nuance with the audience in mind, and engage with other social networking users in a personal and meaningful way
- Takes initiative, and has a strong work ethic and desire to implement new ideas
- Ability to work effectively with remote and in-person team members across multiple geographic locations
- Embraces a can-do attitude, and is effective in implementing new courses of action and gaining buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment where marketers work together to solve tactical and brand initiatives
- Can comfortably work with a product team that is developing a completely new platform and successfully navigate changing priorities and ambiguity that may be encountered during the creation process
- Must be a true team player that is focused on the “we” results
- Maintain active, established accounts across key social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- General knowledge of simple HTML and image resizing
- Education experience — either as a teacher or working with teachers and other educators
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; a focus in public relations, marketing/advertising, communication studies is preferred
- 3+ years hands-on experience in a creative team or digital agency
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and social forums
At HotChalk, we deliver the transformative power of lifelong learning through innovative, data-driven solutions to our partner schools and the students we serve – because we believe every mind matters.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information about HotChalk, visit http://www.hotchalk.com