Product Support Specialist
The Product Support Specialist uses technology to solve problems and supports processes and projects that are critical to the continuing day-to-day operations of SHARE. This role works independently and in collaboration with key stakeholders across the SHARE team, providing a wide variety of technology-related services.
This role requires deep knowledge of the technology systems that make up SHARE and how they are related.
The ideal candidate will be competent with a wide variety of technology products and comfortable learning new tools and platforms. Candidates must be comfortable prioritizing conflicting projects and deadlines, proficient at multitasking, and capable of both independent work and in-depth collaboration. Specific software knowledge is desired but not required.
Essential Functions, Competencies and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- LMS Administration – manage key LMS administration tasks, including user creation, maintenance and quality assurance, and LMS troubleshooting.
- Quality Assurance – Collaborate with the SHARE team to perform quality assurance
- Helpdesk Management – Serve as primary administrator for the SHARE helpdesk, which includes the following tasks:
- Receive and troubleshoot technical issues raised by users
- Provide prompt and courteous ticket support
- Be knowledgeable in supported learning management systems and client profiles
- Receive and resolve Tier 1 escalation issues when a higher level of knowledge is needed
- Assist with the planning and implementation of a database for maintaining support solutions
- Assist with the training SHARE team members when needed.
- Assist with the integration of 3rd party tools within the LMS
- Collaborate with Development team to identify and test use cases for new product features
- Assist in executing user acceptance test plans for products and features
- Training and Documentation – Create training materials and documentation for software products and processes
Minimum Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in a technical and/or business operational role
- 2+ years of experience working with a service desk system (Zendesk preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following types of roles:
- Technical support/helpdesk
- Technical documentation
- LMS Administration
- Data Analysis
- Zendesk Agent/Administrator
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience in education, preference for higher education and/or online education
- Experience in business process management, ability to design/update/document business processes
- Ability to prioritize complex tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead through influence, and gain cooperation from internal and external collaborators.
- Ability to identify and succinctly communicate business needs and requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Agile project management practices
- Familiarity with product life cycle, emphasis on QA, release management
- Flexibility in response to changing priorities
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are essential of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HotChalk is an innovation company that partners with educational institutions committed to making a positive transformative impact on society. HotChalk helps transform the ways in which colleges and universities deliver lifelong learning to their students and graduates, empowering those institutions with strategies, technologies, and innovations that allow them to adapt and evolve in an ever-accelerating world of change. At HotChalk we believe education is the central catalyst that shapes society.
At HotChalk, we believe culture and thought diversity lead to better teams and stronger companies. We seek talented, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. HotChalk is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.