GIS/AutoCAD Analyst Programmer
GIS/AutoCAD Analyst Programmer
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a GIS/AutoCAD Analyst Programmer for a full-time position supporting the Air Force at Lackland AFB
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system and scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed and specifications from which programs will be written. Design, codes, test, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of application systems analysis and programming activities but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
- The contractor shall provide support as a GIS Developer/Analyst within the GIS systems in a scientific and technical orientation.
- Support will include working with geodatabases, MS Access and additional software/applications as required.
- Contractor will develop GIS projects using ArcGIS and/or AutoCad Map software.
- Support services will also include basic AutoCad and ESRI suites of software.
Required Skills / Experience:
- GIS Programmer must have at least Five (5) years of experience with GIS systems or programming with similar scientific and technical orientation.
- Requires working knowledge of SQL, Oracle plus and extensive knowledge of Environmental Resource Program Information Management Systems ERPIMS) data structure.
- Extensive understanding of Auto CAD, Bentley Microstation V8i, and/or ESRI ArcView software is desirable and may be substituted for the data structure knowledge requirement.
- GPS experience with GPS units and ArcGIS or similar software. 5 years’ experience using CAD drawings in ESRI products.
- Works directly with end customer(s) and requires excellent ability to fulfill customer requests while maintaining organizational process strategies and standards.
- Contractor shall possess an active favorable NACI.
Location: Lackland AFB, TX
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.