Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is an IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Business Development (BD) executive for a full-time position at our headquarters office in Vienna, VA.
The BD Executive works to generate, qualify, develop, and close opportunities, articulates complex customer requirements to the Horizon capture team. Works with Horizon leadership to assess government and non-government opportunities and penetration strategies to achieve assigned targets, work with portfolio teams to expand customer presence. Reports to executive management. Some travel required.
Duties of a BD Executive may include:
- Plan, document, and manage the internal and external BD efforts
- Analyze the organization’s strategic plans and products
- Align marketing intelligence with win strategy
- Elicit customer needs and match to Horizon capabilities
- Conduct competitive analysis on opportunities
- Find and team with other companies required to enhance success
- Generate a baseline and ongoing account plan
- Collaborate on win strategies with Portfolio and Proposal Managers
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned clients and/or technology market development efforts
- Monitor, review, and direct assigned BD activities and weekly knowledge sharing
- Support proposal efforts to include proposal strategy, preparation, and review
- Develop a target account strategy for agencies
Required Skills / Experience:
- 10-15 years in business development and account management roles,
- BD experience in Federal Government and DoD, private sector BD expereince a plus
- High Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Technology Savvy (knowledge of low code, BPM, RPA, IA, Systems Development, Cyber a plus)
- Experience responding to US Government Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFPs)
- Knowledge of industry business development and proposal management frameworks, such as Siebel target account selling, Shipley capture/proposal management, or similar models
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.