Mid RPA Developer
Mid RPA Developer
Horizon Industries Limited (Horizon) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Mid Robotic Process Automation Devloper for a full-time position in Vienna, VA.
As part of this transformation, we are looking for a Mid Robotic Process Automation Developer, shortly Mid RPA Developer who will work as a valuable team member with 1 -2 yrs RPA Experience, of the newly created Digital Transformation Division within Horizon.
Duties of a RPA Developer may include:
- Design, develop, and test solutions to automate processes, activities, and tasks through RPA and enhanced workflow automation platforms.
- Ensures that specifications are appropriately detailed to allow proper workflow design;
- Reviews periodically developed workflows and ensures compliance with the solution design and with the development standards;
- Provides support for environments setup, software installation and testing;
- Develops RPA workflows following development standards and best-practices;
- Performs iterative testing during workflow development;
- Identifies exceptions and communicates them to the Business Analyst;
- Provides assistance in the UAT activities of the newly automated workflows;
- Assists with the production deployment and provides support in solving potential issues and bugs identified during implementation phase;
- Participate in requirements gathering and design through client meeting, interviews, and workshops.
- Build and maintain sets of automations for multiple projects and clients.
- Plan and participate in deployment of RPA platform components, including bots, orchestrators, development tools, and systems integrations, to meet enterprise requirements for security, scalability, and performance.
- Contributes to future technology architecture roadmap by recommending options from third party/cloud solutions and participating in Proof of Concept (POC)/Prototyping initiatives.
- Provide technical direction on design considerations, including performance, scalability, availability, maintainability, and auditability.
- Participates in estimation and planning activities within the Agile team
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master and teammates on progress, plans for the day, and reports any issues blocking progress
- Participates in demos, code reviews, and retrospectives; communicates ideas for team continuous improvement and willingly receives feedback for self-improvement
- Focuses on delivering business priority and value at all times
- Participate in QA testing activities, including testing at the task and end-to-end process levels, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Blue Prism Developer Certification or Professional Developer Certification.
- Demonstrated expertise in building bots with at least 3-5 full life cycle analytics or systems integration engagements across strategy, design and implementation
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Experience in HTML, SQL, and either .NET/C# or Java.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- General understanding of UML, BPMN, or technical design documents relevant to process modeling and design.
- Past experience working as part of a collaborative team that practices Agile and/or DevOps throughout the SDLC.
- Experience across the SDLC, including requirements, design, development, testing, documentation, training, deployment, operations, support and maintenance.
- Must be an adaptable self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Ability to work well with business unit SME’s, Business Analysts, vendors, and end users in cross-functional teams.
- Track record of meeting or exceeding client expectations, personal performance expectations, and achieving project goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity, certifications, and/or experience with RPA software tools (e.g., UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere) highly preferred.
- Experience with BPM workflow platforms highly preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in Robotic Process Automations (RPA) with Blue Prism (must);
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in programming (.NET, Java, ETL etc.) with a specific focus on developing Bots or (proven expertise);
- Breadth of experience in software design/development and database architecture;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners across multiple disciplines.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Cybernetics, Informatics)
Security Clearance Requirement: For purposes of complying with US Export Laws regarding deemed exports, candidate must have U.S. Citizenship. Must be able to pass background Investigation - Public Trust, Credit Report Check Authorization, and Confidentiality Agreement
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.