ServiceNow Practice Lead
Horizon Industries is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking an experienced developer. We are seeking to hire an experienced application development and project leader to lead the charge in establishing a ServiceNow practice.
The ServiceNow Practice Leader (PL) will be responsible for directing Horizon activities related to ServiceNow-based application development projects. The PL will have deep understanding of the ServiceNow platform with a track record of implementing ServiceNow in the private and/or public sectors and experience developing capabilities and solutions for our complex client scenarios. The PL will lead software integration, customization, and support of application development projects that employ the ServiceNow platform. The PL will also lead recruiting efforts and assist with new business development.
Duties of Senior ServiceNow Developer may include:
- Provide technical leadership and performance of ServiceNow development efforts including:
- Provide technical oversight across a portfolio of ServiceNow projects
- Participate in internal and customer meetings that involve business development and capture related efforts
- Provide leadership with the ongoing development of governance and development processes for the purpose of consistent product delivery in a ServiceNow environment
- Rapidly prototype new solutions in collaboration with team members, SME’s, and leadership
- Grow the ServiceNow practice while providing mentorship and guidance to direct and indirect reports within the practice
- Prepare software requirements specifications and prototypes for translation into structured application programs.
- Configure, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to forms, reports, underlying logic and interface components on development projects as assigned.
- Assist database administrators, data stewards, quality assurance team, system engineers, network engineers and other staff in ways to ensure data integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
- Assist project manager in estimating durations for tasks, deliverables and activities.
- Adhere to Horizon policies, standards and best practices in application development, documentation, and maintenance, which follow CMMI-Development and agile development models.
- Support business development activities, including
- Support the preparation of technical proposals
- Provide technical support to partner/client meetings
- Prepare other business development materials such as client presentations.
Required Skills/ Experience:
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience with programming and developing, preferably with 5+ years of ServiceNow live project experience. The candidate will also have experience leading teams of diverse individuals (e.g., junior developers, business analysts, testers, documentation analysts) in the completion of application development projects.
The following experience is required:
- 3+ years of ServiceNow live project experience
- Holds at least two ServiceNow learning plan certifications with a preference for the certified application developer.
- In-depth understanding of current ServiceNow releases (i.e., Helsinki, Instanbul, Jakarta, Kingston)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in all phases of application system analysis, data modeling, and application development and application maintenance support.
- 5+ years working with US federal government clients and/or for a US federal agency
- 8+ Years’ IT Work Experience with demonstrated technology leadership expertise.
- Must entrepreneurial and willing to build a practice from the ground-up with a focus on capability development as well as business and people development
The following experience is desirable:
- 5+ years’ experience in SQL, HTML, CSS, and Java Script.
- 4+ years’ experience of hands-on object-oriented language development using .NET and /or JAVA.
- 4+ years’ experience designing, developing and implementing web portals using collaborative technologies.
- Experience performing SQL Server DBA activities.
- Documented customer liaison responsibilities.
- Database development skills and familiarity with web-to-database connectivity.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (master’s degree preferred) in Computer Science or Information Systems
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.