Senior Corporate Enterprise Network (WAN): Network Engineer
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Senior Corporate Enterprise Network(WAN): Network Engineer for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The scope of work for this task order is to acquire consolidated application support across the agency application database, application, web, and non-enterprise support being consolidated into a single branch. In order to facilitate the largest possible pool of experience and skill sets J62 has been authorized to issue a new task order with expandable optional tasks and labor categories to support future expansion.
Duties of a Senior Corporate Enterprise Network (WAN): Network Engineer may include:
- Work under general supervision, developing the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion
- Develop required specifications for simple to moderately complex problems
- Must have expertise with COTS 10 Gigabit Ethernet LAN and associated software and hardware equipment. The network consists of a corporate, campus-wide CISCO LAN plant with Gigabit switching and routing to internal servers and external networks. DLA J6 owns the Corporate Network and the underground cable
- Coordinate with the Vendor PM, COTRs, and government user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government
Required Skills / Experience:
- Five (5) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience
- At least two projects in technical areas included in the Statement of Work Task Area 1, Section 4.1 a and 4.1 b.
- At least one project must have occurred within the past three (3) years
- Sensitivity Level: IT-I – Critical Sensitive
- Clearance: Secret
- IA Level: IAT-II
- Securiy+ CE
- Computing Environment: CCNP, MCITP SA, MCSA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.