Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Program Manager for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The scope of work for this task order is to acquire consolidated application support across the agency application database, application, web, and non-enterprise support being consolidated into a single branch. In order to facilitate the largest possible pool of experience and skill sets J62 has been authorized to issue a new task order with expandable optional tasks and labor categories to support future expansion.
Duties of a Program Manager may include:
- The Project Manager is responsible for the following areas but not limited to:
- Manage daily operations and all projects.
- Reporting any required information to DLA and DISA.
- Risk assessments, mitigation and performance Management.
- Ensure all deliverables are delivered.
- Attend meetings as directed by the COR or other J62 management representatives.
- Work with DLA Management on all EPST related activities as directed.
- Lead projects that involve the successful management of teams composed of data processing and other information management professionals who have been involved in analysis, design, integration, testing, documenting, converting, extending, and implementing automated information and/or telecommunications systems
- Perform day-to-day management of overall contract support operations, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and production of all contract support activities
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Establish and alter (as necessary) corporate management structure to direct effective contract support activities
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government
Required Skills / Experience:
- Must hold a Project or Program Management certification (i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other equivalent/recognized Project or Program Management certification); Project or Program Management certifications from accredited institutions are required. Examples from government and commercial sources include, but are not limited to the Defense Acquisition University, The Program Management Institute, Department of Veterans Affairs as well as Universities and Colleges. Substitutes for a Project or Program Management Certification such as training, degrees or relevant experience, will be considered and must clearly state how the credentials are equivalent to the certifications
- 10 years of leadership experience with progressively higher responsibility in the public and/or private sector in the IT and/or consulting fields
- Must have 5 years of experience in program management
- Must have experience with the Information Technology Acquisition process and its milestones
- Must have experience in analyzing a variety of source documentation and supporting the creation of acquisition documentation
- Must possess active IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.