JDA Technical Architect
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a JDA Technical Architect for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The DLA IT Enterprise manages the execution of IT projects across the Agency. Specifically, it serves as the Information Operations business services broker, assessing, developing, and delivering a full range of IT solutions necessary to support the transformation and sustainment of the Information Operations mission and its associated commitment to the warfighter. Mission areas include the sustainment and evolution of an overarching DLA enterprise architecture, determination of proposed solutions, delivery of desired solutions (including oversight of related field activities, and sustainment of those solutions that are initially developed and delivered under a program manager), assurance that the solutions meet customer needs, and the effective integration of DLA’s IT solutions with other existing or planned logistics IT solutions in DOD. Additionally, J6 guides and oversees the operations and ongoing transformation of related field and headquarters activities that provide cataloging and transactional processing support for the entire DOD logistics system and our numerous Federal customers.
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
Duties of a JDA Technical Architect may include:
- Assisting the client in the technical implementation and upgrade of JDA Software, Inc., software by performing such activities as software installation, batch script development, system testing and troubleshooting
- Experience in systems administration of HPUX, AIX, Sun, and/or Windows NT
- Understanding of the typical data inputs and outputs associated with successful supply chain software implementations
- Relational Database Management Skills, preferably Oracle, PL/SQL skills including SQL Scripting
- Experience with UNIX, Korn Shell scripting
- Experience with JDA and SAP integration support
Required Skills / Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Business, Applied Math, or related field
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience installing, configuring, upgrading, patching and implementing JDA Software, Inc., client/server application software and required underlying systems software
- Experience working with a JDA Planning solution integrated with an SAP Supply Chain and Financials system within the Federal Government
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Must possess IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Business, Applied Math, or related field
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.