DevOps Engineer [Junior Level]
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer [Junior Level] for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
The scope of work for this task order is to acquire consolidated application support across the agency application database, application, web, and non-enterprise support being consolidated into a single branch. In order to facilitate the largest possible pool of experience and skill sets J62 has been authorized to issue a new task order with expandable optional tasks and labor categories to support future expansion.
Duties of a DevOps Engineer [Junior Level] may include:
- Implement architecture for continuous integration and deployment, and monitoring
- Execute Scrum Agile methodology at the project level
- Implement DevOps methodologies at the project level
- Serve as the administrator of complex technology implementations in a product-centric environment
- Debug cluster-based computing architectures
- Use scripting or basic programming skills to solve problems
- Install and administer monitoring tools
- Configure management tools (e.g., TFS, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, LVM)
- On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant experience
- 1+ years Agile experience
- Demonstrated experience with executing Scrum Agile methodology at the project level
- Demonstrated experience in implementing DevOps methodologies at the project level
- Demonstrated experience with deployments with on premise or cloud environments
- Experience serving as the administrator of complex technology implementations in a product-centric environment
- Experience deploying and configuring DevOps services using infrastructure
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g., LXC, Docker, Rocket, OpenShift)
- Must have experience in supporting DOD Program Acquisition Category (ACAT) I Level and ACAT III level IT development programs in the areas of program management (PM), systems engineering (SE) related functional/technical quality, cost analysis (CA), and configuration management (CM) assessments and audits of DOD IT program lifecycle requirements, documents, and data and their compliance with DOD acquisition policies and regulations. ACAT certifications desired.
- Must possess active IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
- CSP Certifications (e.g. AWS DevOps Engineer, Azure SA)
- Must have 8570 certification (Security+)
Education: Undergraduate degree
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.