Technical Project Manager
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Technical Project Manager for a Full-Time position in Vienna, VA supporting a federal Client.
Job Description: Technical Project Manager supporting Enterprise Software Systems for a federal client. Lead a team of technical experts in an agile environment to support current systems and functionality for a suite of Appian applications.
Duties may include:
- Provide technical project leadership including performance, cost, schedule and risk elements
- Interact with client and peer contractors to deliver products and enhancements
- Oversee compliance with quality standards and processes
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team
- Collaboratively adapt existing and develop new project plans, processes and communication standards for the operations teams
- Report and escalate issues and concerns to management as needed
Required Skills / Experience: minimum 5 years’ experience in management supporting software projects:
- Experience in coordinating with Senior Executive Management and key senior staff members,
- Experience managing large team of technical and programmatic personnel, managing program cost and resources
- Experience using Appian Business Process Modeling platform
- Ability to develop and deliver progress/status reports, proposals, requirements -documentation, and presentations
- Experience using process improvement methodologies and disciplines to lead and manage process improvement initiatives
- Experience providing briefings to Senior Management
Education: Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred); Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Location: Vienna, VA
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.