Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst for a full-time position supporting a cabinet level federal agency in Washington, DC.
Horizon is supporting a federal agency that is planning to modernize an existing application that supports an important grants management program. The principle customer follows a well-defined, multi-step process that includes planning, application, evaluation, award, and monitoring processes. The replacement system must provide similar capabilities as the existing system while addressing enhancements requirements that should be possible as a result of the modernization effort. The technology on which the existing system is based is outdated, and the agency would like to replace the system with a modern system that is scalable, reliable, affordable and easy to maintain. Horizon will perform a range of functions under this contract including Project Management Office (PMO), Requirements Definition, Planning, Market Analysis, Alternatives Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, and Implementation Support. In the base year of the task order, Horizon will setup the PMO and complete the Requirements Gathering phase that will result in completion of a detailed functional and system design, Analysis of Alternatives, Cost Benefit Analysis, a core IT support system to the latest release of a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf system. The agency wishes to investigate the use of available shared service providers to host the upgraded system. Horizon has been tasked with providing program management office support for the project including documenting current state operations, defining future state requirements, documenting current and planned interfaces, developing a project work breakdown structure, completing an analysis of alternatives, preparing a draft independent cost estimate. The project will be completed in two phases, with the first phase focused on analyzing alternatives and selecting a shared service provider. The second phase will focus on assisting the government program manager in managing the project.
The Business Analyst works as a member of the Horizon Team and supports a variety of activities needed to develop analysis of alternatives. The Business Analyst will participate in customer meetings to gather current state operations and future state requirements. Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Business Analyst will analyze existing documentation, identify information gaps and participated in requirements gathering sessions.
The Business Analyst is responsible for requirement gathering, documentation and validation. In addition, the Business Analyst will be asked to do the following job duties:
- Work at the highest level of all phases of documentation.
- Define, document and validate business processes and functional requirements and user stories.
- Work with stakeholders to define and document taxonomy and taxonomy-related business rules.
- Work with stakeholders to define specific requirements around system integration points related to the Iteration functionality.
- Review documentation and ensure understanding of all requirements before/during development.
- Develop, coordinate, and enforce the methodology and standard procedures for identifying and documenting projects.
- Maintain a current record for the program and conduct periodic audits and inventories.
- Define and support the system and application processes for releasing documents into a controlled environment
- Provide support in collection and organizing information required for preparation of user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Analyzes, evaluates and makes recommendations as part of a team or under supervision of senior personnel.
- Two (2) years relevant experience
- MS Suite
- Project Management
- Power Point
- PMP desired; working knowledge of CMMI or related certification desired
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Finance or Economics preferred
Location: Washington, DC
This position requires obtaining and maintaining a security clearance, which requires US Citizenship or Green Card Status.
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.