Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC, area. We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer for a full-time, remote position, supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, operation, installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware/software/related infrastructure. Provide technical support, guidance and hands-on delivery in the planning, implementation and ongoing operation of databases. The Systems Engineer shall participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and regulatory requirements. The Systems Engineer shall document specifications, project plans, configurations, test plans and results. Depicts complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and status to project teams.
The scope of this project encompasses all activities necessary to provide specific analytic support required to identify, plan, and assist in the execution of the program and projects of a distribution modernization program. For program execution, develop and adapt project plans and schedules, collect and status project execution, develop metrics and technical performance measures, collect and analyze data for the same, produce and update monthly status briefings, and assist in the analysis of technology for project development. For program planning, assist in all phases of the creation of acquisition plans and requirements development and analysis.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Five (5) years of overall professional experience in the engineering field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Oracle and/or SQL Server database administration and analysis support. Proposed Oracle systems engineer personnel shall be fully trained and experienced with the Windows and HP Unix operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2 / HP-UX 11.3.x), Oracle Database 11g database technology, PL/SQL programming, Oracle stored procedures, database performance tuning, E-R database design principles and methodology, backup and recovery, systems analysis, security practices and system documentation. Proposed SQL systems engineer personnel shall be fully trained and industry recognized Microsoft Certified personnel experienced and familiar with both Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 operating systems, SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 database administration, T-SQL programming, database performance tuning, backup and recovery, systems analysis, security practices and system documentation.
- Clearance: Must be eligible for IT II
- IA Level: Must be eligible for IAT II (e.g., Sec+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security)
- Computing Environment: Requires at least one of the following certifications: OCP (version 10g or higher); Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): DBA.
Location: Remote, with occasional travel to meetings in the National Capital Region
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.