Network Engineer - Senior
Network Engineer - Senior
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer for a full-time position supporting The Air Force at Lackland AFB, TX; Tyndall AFB, FL or Otis ANG Base, MA
Senior experience in enterprise level networks both LAN and WAN. Will direct, plan and coordinate all technical support requirements and manage resources in support of tasks referenced under this task order. Involves network troubleshooting, maintenance, and hardware configuration, down to the end user level. Involves network troubleshooting, maintenance, and hardware configuration, down to the end user level. Under general direction, manages the purchase, installation and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Responsible for evaluating current systems. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Provides work leadership and training to lower level staff. Works independently and installs, operates, maintains, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs IT network devices, circuits, cables, routers, switches, components, software, and end-user devices, components, software and connectivity. Administrator is responsible for directing technical work on projects. Performs a variety of analyses and prepares appropriate documentation. Creates and provides briefings and presentations. Provides coordination with the Contractor's project manager and customers to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters.
- Network Operations/Engineering Support services will be performed for HQ AFIMSC and AFCEC remote location systems not controlled by other agencies (AFSFC, AFSVA).
- Services include planning and technical advice and assistance to support network resources and connectivity and maintain fully functional mission support capabilities to include all network devices, interfaces, and component parts.
- Provide engineering expertise for maintaining and troubleshooting the network along with NetAdmin services as required and oversee the work of any contractor NA personnel and provide planning and technical support to management as required.
- Provide Network Engineering and management services including: network analysis, feasibility studies, program configuration analysis, network hardware/software analysis, network utilization studies, performance evaluations, design studies, and Air Force directory support.
- All contractors providing Network Operations/Engineering Support services shall be DoD 8570 certified at the IAT Level II at a minimum IAW AFMAN 17-1303, para 188.8.131.52, which includes CCNA Security, CySA+, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+, or SSCP. Other services include:
- Performs Network Operations within HQ AFIMSC, which will include operating network management, patch management, system management, software/equipment installation, configuration, network and performance monitoring, information security analysis and support.
- Using tools provided by the 502 CS and 690th Intelligence Support Squadron (ISS), monitor network traffic on both NIPR and SIPR for possible throughput/bandwidth issues and switch outages for equipment in Bldg 1 and AFSFC buildings.
- Monitor operation and configuration of routers/switches for remote AFIMSC locations for connectivity to the network.
- Support AFIMSC personnel with special projects whether at the AFIMSC building or at remote locations with San Antonio, TX.
- Gather performance indicators (i.e., metrics) analyze data, and produce reports as required.
- Install, configure, multi-functional printers, for printing, email, scanning, CAC enabling, digital signatures, and encryption transmission.
- Provide assistance for new eCRD requirements that include Ethernet over IP (EoIP), VoIP, circuit-switched voice, circuit-switched data, and packet data; and encompass all phases of engineering support.
- Support internal wireless access to the AFIN.
- Provide initial connection to required AFIMSC, AFCEC, AFSVA, and AFSFC file servers for all associated users.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for operational problems between local area file servers and individual computers in support of evaluation and fix actions performed by the Functional System Administrators (FSA) and Client Support Technicians (CST), working to secure next tier support via 502nd CS as needed when initial efforts are not successful.
- Act as the primary interface for AFIMSC units with the Communications Focal Point to provide classified and unclassified organizational core services.
- Conduct education and training for new infrastructure technicians, FSAs, and CSTs as needed, and when new technology or procedures are implemented.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Full understanding of the interconnectivity of fiber optics, coaxial and copper (twisted pair) broadband and baseband Ethernet, wireless technology, local area networks and leased data circuits for wide area networking and telecommunications including VoIP and video-conferencing.
- Be familiar with IT concepts, practices and procedures.
- Be Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certified IAW DoD Manual 8570.01, and Microsoft, Unix, and Cisco industry standards, and maintain certification status.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with network monitoring tools.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience configuring and maintaining file servers.
- Contractor shall have an active Secret clearance
Hold one of the following active IAT II certifications:
CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP
Location: Lackland AFB, TX; Tyndall AFB, FL or Otis ANG Base, MA
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon’s legal duty to furnish information.