Retail Inventory Associate
Our corporate Home Hardware retail store located in downtown St. Jacobs, is looking for a Retail Inventory Associate. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for supporting returns and claims, deliveries and pick-ups, and health and safety compliance.
If you have strong organizational and time management skills along with attention to detail, and excellent customer service, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Process product returns and claims in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform and support inventory counts and cycle counting.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of stockrooms and store areas in accordance with store safety standards.
- Assist the Store Manager to ensure store and employee compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Driver for pick-ups and deliveries as required.
- Assist on sales floor through peak periods as required.
- Perform general housekeeping and other duties as assigned by Retail Store Manager.
What we’re looking for:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in inventory management / claims processing is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Teams.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required to work with vendors and customers.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods would be considered an asset.
- Experience in transportation and delivery of goods, with valid driver’s license and a clean driver abstract is required.
- Physical ability and technique for heavy lifting and moving large items.
- Ability to perform work accurately with high attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize work and handle changing situations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Full-Time Permanent Position (40 hours per week).
Typically will work Monday-Friday, however, occasional weekend work will be required.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.