Delivery and Furniture Assistant
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity available for a Delivery and Furniture Assistant to join our team. Reporting to our Store Manager, the successful individual will be responsible for assisting with deliveries, pickups, transfers and general store maintenance and furniture repairs.
If you are passionate about providing a positive customer experience and enjoy working as part of a team, we welcome your application!
Monday to Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm / 9:30am - 6:00pm)
Saturday (9:00am - 5:00pm)
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and loading customer pick-up orders.
- Assist with preparing items for delivery and/or Dealer shipments.
- Assemble furniture and place on retail sales floor.
- Repair in-stock furniture and assist in moving furniture displays and relocation of product within the store and stock areas.
- Transfer product to/from Elmira Distribution Centre and St. Jacobs Home Furniture.
- General housekeeping and general store maintenance of retail store and facilities. Assist in maintaining clean truck, warehouse, and stockrooms.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Assist with other special projects as requested from the Store Manager.
What we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma with one to two years’ experience in a similar role. Retail experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills with a friendly helpful attitude.
- Experience driving straight trucks is an asset, with the ability to assist with heavy lifting during deliveries.
- Familiar with tools and able to assemble various fixtures and furniture, and basic repairs.
- Must be willing to operate a forklift (Home Hardware will provide training and certifications).
- Knowledge of Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas.
- Physical ability and proper technique for lifting and moving heavy objects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.