Cafeteria Assistant/Custodian - Term Position
Term Position – Afternoon Shift (3pm – 11pm)
Home Hardware is looking for a Cafeteria Assistant/Custodian for a 6-7-month term.
Are you a foodie at heart with a passion for sharing with others? Are you a well-rounded culinary professional looking to flex your skills? Is your motto “A place for everything and everything in its place?” Do you like keeping things clean and organized? If so, check out the below...
Reporting to the Office Services Supervisor/HR Support:
- Assist in the preparation of meals, serving, baking, customer service and general sanitary maintenance of the kitchen and cafeteria area;
- Assist with serving meals;
- Assist with handling cash during breaks;
- Assist with maintaining the cafeteria and kitchen as to cleanliness, condition of equipment and furnishings, food quality and ensures adherence to established standards;
- Provide coverage for all absences in the cafeteria on the day shift, afternoon shift or night shift as required;
- Mop, scrub and vacuum floors;
- Collect garbage and recycling materials and delivering them to the proper areas for disposal;
- Maintain washrooms by regularly cleaning and disinfecting;
- Clean and dust furniture;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A willingness to work in the cafeteria on the Day Shift(7am to 3pm), the Afternoon Shift(3pm to 11pm) or Night Shift(11pm to 7am) to cover absences as necessary.
- Experience in food preparation and basic knowledge of cafeteria functions;
- Food Handler Certification or must be willing to obtain;
- Familiarity with proper sanitary practices of maintenance of kitchen and handling of food;
- Good communication and customer service skills;
- The ability to perform heavy lifting, stand and walk for extended periods of time;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience in industrial or commercial cleaning an asset;
- A willingness to work additional hours if needed
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, please submit an updated resume to Human Resources at [email protected], no later than May 31, 2022.