Senior Network Administrator
Home Hardware’s Infrastructure and Security team is looking for a Senior Network Administrator. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Network and Telecommunications, you will be responsible for providing extensive technical expertise in all network/ communications hardware, software, security, and operational components across multiple communications platforms.
If you have experience in coordinating the design, installation, and connectivity of network & security architectures to ensure the stable operation and growth potential of the organization’s IT communication assets, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement best practice solutions for short and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meet existing and future requirements.
- Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization’s LANs, WANs and wireless deployments, ensuring the stable operation and efficient performance of company networks, including remote access and security perimeter.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase networking hardware and software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex network and security problems for a variety of end users and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repairs.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and associated training for network resource administration and appropriate use along with establishing connectivity and uptime service level agreements.
- Provide off-hour support on a rotation basis for the corporate network infrastructure.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working with traditional on-premises and cloud networking & telecommunications technologies.
- Strong knowledge and certifications relating to Cisco technologies and hardware.
- Strong knowledge of Routing, Switching, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, DNS, QoS, VLAN's, LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, Fibre, LDAP, iPSec, NAT/PAT, Active Directory, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications and Wireless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Core and Edge Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancers, and Security (e.g. IPS, ISE, etc.) products.
- Experience with complex network infrastructure design, scripting, and automation.
- Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Effective priority management skills with the ability to work well in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology into a user friendly, understandable, non-intimidating format using Microsoft Office Products and MS Visio.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Ability and availability to provide extended hours and off-hour support.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.