In- Store Merchandise Coordinator- Western Canada
We have an amazing opportunity to join our Store Design team as an In-Store Merchandise Coordinator- Western Canada. Reporting to the Store Design Merchandising & Systems Supervisor in this role you will lead effective merchandising and installation services while onsite at our stores to improve appearance and profitability.
If you’re an excellent communicator with strong space management and merchandising skills, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- On-site liaison between the Store Planner, RSOM, Dealer, store staff, and trades people (Electrical, Plumbing, Flooring, Paint) to coordinate all duties required to prepare for and execute In-Store Merchandising Projects. This includes the installation of store fixtures, millwork, interior signage, merchandising accessories, and the merchandising of product.
- Lead and assign merchandising initiatives and duties to be executed by third- party Merchandisers as assigned to the store project based on project scope. This will also include leading store staff that have been assigned by the Dealer to support the project.
- Responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the merchandising project to ensure established project timelines are maintained. If issues, delays, or concerns are identified during the project, work to develop a viable solution.
- Make on-site recommendations and modifications to the merchandising plan as required. This may include adjustments to product assortments, allocation of retail categories, and modification of the fixture plan.
- Meet with the Dealer and their Manager on a daily basis to ensure they are satisfied with the merchandising delivery. Report the progress of the third-party Merchandisers back to the In-Store Merchandising & Systems Supervisor.
- Oversee the return of stocked merchandising accessories to HHSL St. Jacobs for appropriate credit at the end of the merchandising project.
- Coordinate, document, report, and submit all project related hours, expenses, and receipts for approval to the Merchandising & Systems Supervisor on behalf of the In-Store Merchandising Team.
- Observe all Occupational Health & Safety rules and regulations for work performed while in stores as it relates to Health and Safety.
What we’re looking for:
- Education in Construction or Carpentry with 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to lead and coach teams as well plan their work.
- Ability to visualize a project scope and lead teams to execute requirements to completion.
- Proficient in space management and merchandising.
- Solid understanding of Hardware and Building Centre retail product assortments.
- Assembly and carpentry skills to assemble store fixtures.
- Agility to work long hours and travel.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to delays.
- Focus on building solutions when challenges arise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Programs) – compiling expenses, email, reports, planograms.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.