Home hardware has an exciting opportunity for a Forklift Mechanic to join our team. Reporting to the Supervisor, Facilities and Equipment, you will be responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining forklifts and other facility equipment in accordance with safety and legislated standard.
If you have strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting capabilities, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining forklifts and other facilities equipment according to safety and legislated standards.
- Perform major and minor repairs as required on forklifts, walkies, counterbalance trucks and other material handling equipment, while ensuring safe and continual operation of equipment. Repairs required may be electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic in nature.
- Conduct scheduled preventative maintenance on machines to ensure continuous smooth operation of equipment.
- Certify and signoff that equipment is mechanically sound and safe for operation.
- Collaborate and communicate with other Forklift & Equipment Maintenance Staff to ensure repaired equipment is back in production as quickly as possible.
- Make recommendations to Supervisor when additional maintenance help may be required.
- Other miscellaneous maintenance duties as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor, which could include assisting other Facilities Staff with dock, door and conveyor repairs.
- Working with Administrative Assistant on correct counts and ordering requests, answering her questions regarding parts to keep an accurate count. If parts must be discontinued or new parts for newer machines.
- Required to work with outside contractors/technicians as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with courses or training in trade/technical/vocational programs would be an asset
- Mechanical aptitude with a good understanding of electronics, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Safe knowledge and experience with welding and metal fabrication an asset.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities, including heavy lifting.
- Awareness of Health & Safety procedures.
- Excellent troubleshooting and record keeping.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to enroll in additional educational programs aimed at a special field.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical schematics and work orders.
Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.