AZ Truck Driver
Home hardware is looking for AZ Truck Drivers to join our team. Reporting to the Dispatch Supervisor, you will be responsible for delivering palletized merchandise to store, as well as pick up merchandise from Suppliers for the Distribution Centre.
If you have strong customer service skills and keen attention to detail, we would love to hear from you!
** Permanent, Temporary and Seasonal Positions available.
** Recognized as Top Fleet Employer for the past 6 years.
What you'll do:
- Comply with all Government regulations pertaining to driving position Highway Traffic Act, Labour Canada, National Safety Code, and all regulations described in the professional Driver’s Manual.
- Treat Dealers in a courteous and helpful manner, acting as an ambassador for Home Hardware Stores Limited.
- Load Dealer returns for transport to the Distribution Centre.
- Complete and deliver all necessary paperwork for the dispatch office and receiving office.
- Inspect vehicle and trailer to ensure that they are in safe operating condition. Document and report any technical or maintenance problems to Dispatch.
- Fuel and wash truck.
- Must have Class A driver’s license with Z Endorsement. Clean Driver’s Abstract and CVOR.
- Related experience preferred, with diligent attention to safety.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Min. 3 years driving experience/ B-Train Experience.
- Ability to carry out deliveries throughout Ontario, Manitoba, and Quebec.
Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.