We have an amazing opportunity to join our Merchandise team as a Sourcing Manager. Reporting to the Director, Merchandise Strategy & Execution you will play a key role in driving optimal value and outcomes within Home Hardware by building a best-in-class sourcing capabilities that enable, supplier identification and matrix management, program negotiation and execution, and quality management establishment.
If you’re strong leader that has a proven ability to transform business models and improve profitability performance, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Build a Supplier Matrix Review and capability identification process by establishing the criteria and processes to identify/vet/onboard qualified sourcing suppliers/partners, to support Home Hardware’s category management journey.
- Build and lead a support quality management process to support Private Brand growth and development.
- Identify categories that are candidates based on business importance, volume, and risk; and develop and deliver strategies in collaboration with cross-functional members that meet or exceed financial goals.
- Develop a comprehensive approach to cost, profitability and value and collaborate with cross-functional partners including Merchandise and Private Brand on assortment planning, profitability, and other key business initiatives.
- Lead supplier strategy, product costing, manage supplier communication, development, and production management of respective product categories.
- Ensure products meet established Home Hardware quality and safety standards including ongoing product quality monitoring.
- Manage sourcing strategies that aim to reduce supply chain risks by effectively managing supplier relationships while also being fully aware of the supplier landscape and alternatives.
- Coach and develop direct reports(s).
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary education in business with 5-10 years of experience in leadership/ management.
- Strong business acumen.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Extensive understanding of supply chain, supplier partner perspectives and inputs.
- Extensive knowledge in Private Brand development and quality management.
- Strong computer skills.
- Project management skills to build new capabilities internally in the organization.
- Advanced Leadership -- (vision, motivation, team building, conflict management, negotiation, priority setting, etc.)
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.