Custodian - Distribution Centre
CUSTODIAN NIGHT SHIFT – SUNDAY TO FRIDAY 11PM-7AM *Shift Premium 7.5%
Reporting to the Distribution Centre Assistant Manager for contributing to a safe and clean work environment by performing various custodial functions throughout the Distribution Centre.
Maintain cleanliness of assigned areas (including washrooms, offices, meeting rooms) with the use of appropriate materials and equipment to clean and disinfect.
What you'll do:
- Collect garbage throughout the Distribution Centre, separate recycled material as necessary conforming to recycling guidelines. Compact cardboard and gather reusable boxes.
- Operate cleaning/janitorial equipment and various lifting devices as required.
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report necessary repair items or concerns to Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Distribution Centre Assistant Manager.
What we're looking for:
- Physical ability to perform the physical activities in a fast-paced environment including walking, standing, bending, and lifting for extended periods of time.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage time and workload independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task.
- Awareness and knowledge of Health & Safety to follow all safety procedures.
- A reliable team player with a great attitude.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven working experience as a custodian, janitor or similar role is an asset.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.