Senior Financial Analyst
Home Hardware is seeking a passionate, forward-thinking and dynamic finance individual with a proven track record to develop financial models and build planning, budgeting and forecasting tools to improve business performance. You will work with key business partners to understand business drivers and provide insightful financial guidance on a range of initiatives.
Reporting to the Manager, Distribution Financial Planning & Analysis to work with the key finance business partners and support Logistics, Merchandise and Marketing.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the company’s business, its operations and processes and contribute to the development and implementation of business plans.
- Work with Finance FP&A and cross-functional teams and leaders to support the development and implementation of improved management reporting, forecasting and analysis tools used to understand business results and enable financial and management reporting.
- Monitor operational and financial performance models, highlighting trends and performing variance analysis.
- Provide training support to business areas required to implement new tools and processes.
- Collaborate with leaders, Finance team and related stakeholders providing business insights to grow the business while understanding the opportunities and risks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop business cases and analyze key financial KPIs to determine initiative viability.
- Support annual financial planning process by working collaboratively with business leaders on the development of budgeting tools and variance analytics.
- Represent Finance on key corporate initiatives by being an active participant in working groups and working with Corporate Finance to ensure implementation is successful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting, with a professional finance designation (or working towards the completion) of CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of related experience in data analytics, management reporting, financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, QSR, Distribution or Hospitality industries preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills with proven ability to interact with cross-functional business teams.
- Strong consumer insights and analytics exposure with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and build and create business reporting tools.
- Data-driven with the ability to analyze and review numbers and trends in order to support key business decisions.
- Highly developed business and financial acumen to drive business performance, embracing change and innovation.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (incl. Excel, Powerpoint, PowerBI)
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Motivated individual with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and multi-task changing priorities.
- Ability to work additional varied hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.