EDI Services Specialist
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity available for an EDI Services Specialist to join our team. Reporting to our Inventory Operations Manager, the successful individual will be responsible for managing the electronic exchange of business documents between Home Hardware Stores Limited and our vendor/supplier community of 4,000 plus suppliers.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all external EDI relationships with third party service providers for EDI Software (Open Text) and EDI Services (Commport).
- Manage all supplier EDI relationships and compliance requirements for EDI (850, 855, 856 and 810 EDI Documents).
- Manage all carrier EDI relationships for TIL. (204, 990 and 214 EDI Documents).
- Manage all EDI document interfaces with HH Application Systems (HH1, Oracle Financials, LMS (CA and WMS).
- Assist with the prioritization of workload for the EDI Analysts and Administrative Assistant.
- Work with Directors and/or Merchandise Managers to ensure supplier compliance for required EDI Documents, both LBM and Hardlines.
- Maintain EDI Maps to current standards and releases.
- Maintain EDI application software to current standards and releases (testing and installation of new releases).
- Explore new opportunities with outside electronic commerce vendors on how they could support Home Hardware’s 5-year plan initiatives.
- Develop and create implementation guides for new documents in conjunction with business areas.
- Main point of contact for IT for any EDI Interfaced documents with our application systems (EEM, TMS, WMS, Oracle Financials, HH1).
- Oracle Discoverer knowledge for audit and reporting.
- College diploma in Business Management or Computer Science.
- Three to five years’ experience within an EDI focused position.
- Experience in electronic commerce practices and EDI standards (X12), communication protocols (FTP), and common financial processes for payment (EDI Invoices).
- Skilled in EDI Mapping (programming) and working with operating systems and file structures.
- Previous project management experience, with advanced analytical skills.
- Experience in implementing an EDI system is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of Home Hardware’s systems and how they interact (CA, WMS, HH1 and RMS (PO, Invoice Approval) Oracle Financials) is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross functionally with various stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, Access, and Oracle Discoverer proficiency an asset.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.