We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Inventory Planning and Replenishment Department as a Manager, Replenishment reporting directly to the Director, Inventory Planning and Replenishment.
As a Replenishment Manger you will develop and implement plans, procedures and strategies with the Director, Inventory Planning and Replenishment to enhance employee performance and meet inventory service goals and performance KPIs while achieving maximum savings/efficiencies along with cost reductions. You, will provide direction to all levels of the Replenishment team, using a results-focused approach to business with attention to the health and wellness of the inventory and business’s financial success.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and monitor results compared to KPI expectations and define corrective action where needed.
- Provide support and backup to the Director, Inventory Planning and Replenishment. Oversee and provide support to the Replenishment Supervisors.
- Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees that can deliver results.
- Seek and assess areas for ongoing training, improve skills, provide functional direction, coaching, technical training, and motivation to the team.
- Build benchmarks for team members individual growth.
- Develop and implement plans, procedures and strategies with the Director, Inventory Planning and Replenishment to enhance employee performance and meet inventory service goals and financial KPIs while achieving maximum savings/efficiencies along with cost reductions.
- Regularly engage with replenishment provider to ensure optimum use of system, educational tools, and the most current tools they have available.
- Liaison and collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure key project execution excellence.
- Collaborate with Planning Manager and Operations Manager of same department to develop tools and support for Category Management objectives.
- Identify untapped profit potential and gaps to ensure we meet our targets for our customers.
- Identify underperforming suppliers and work with them to improve service.
- Build Supplier relationships to continually improve the level of service Home Hardware receives.
- Monitor customer service levels to identify underlying issues of poor performance to take action.
- Review and execute exit strategies for excess, aged and end of season inventory.
What we’re looking for:
- To be able to define high level trends and identify source of an issue and explore all solutions possible. Recognizing where the big picture is being affected using reports and knowing what drives the results behind the numbers.
- Understanding personalities of Team members, strengths, weaknesses and how to build on all.
- Identify challenges and recommend / implement process improvements.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to coach, encourage and teach individuals to grow beyond their comfort zones
- Knowledge and experience with Supply Chain.
- Retail financial business acumen.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted