Dealer Development Manager
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity for a driven self-starter who will be responsible for the growth of Home Hardware Market Share through the aggressive conversion of Dealer Owners from other Banners and potential Greenfield locations to Home Hardware.
If you are a strong communicator and thrive in a competitive and fast paced environment, please make an application today!
This is a remote position; due to the extensive travel throughout Atlantic Canada and Quebec, there is a preference for applicants based in these areas.
What You'll Do:
- Through existing contacts or cold calling aggressively meet with other banners promoting the Home program.
- Present Home Hardware Systems and services and programs to all interested applicants.
- Start and complete the Home Hardware Application Process with interested Dealers.
- Coordinate Banner conversion change-over for a seamless transition, provide on-boarding/training for new banner conversion Home Dealers.
- Collaborate with retail operations to drive Market growth through Banner conversions, Greenfields (New Dealer Owners).
- Work closely with Senior Development manager to maintain a Data Base of applicants, prepare target market reports for potential new locations.
- Participate in Special projects as requested.
- Complete weekly planners that include industry status reports, pricing strategies and discussions with all applicants.
- An Industry Association Certification would be an asset.
- A strong understanding of the Home Improvement Market and the strategy needed to succeed in a highly competitive market.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of all the key Home Hardware Systems, Programs, and services.
- Thorough understanding of the Retail industry, LBM (Lumber and Building Materials), and basic accounting.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, oral and written, planning, organizational, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of MS Office, Power point, Teams, outlook, Excel.
- Ability to multitask, complete priorities and meet deadlines, adopt to special projects as requested.
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Atlantic Canada and Quebec.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.