Distribution Centre Custodian- Term
WETASKIWIN DEALER SUPPORT CENTRE CUSTODIAN
FOUR POSITIONS AVAILABLE - DAY SHIFT, AFTERNOON SHIFT, NIGHT SHIFT & WEEKEND SHIFT
TERM POSITION FROM OCTOBER 2022-OCTOBER 2023
(APPROX. 12 MONTH CONTRACT)
HOURS - Days: 7am-3pm Monday to Friday
Afternoons: 3pm-11pm Monday to Friday
Nights: 11pm-7am Sunday to Friday
Weekends: 8 am-8pm Friday to Sunday
Responsible to the Shift, Senior Supervisor for contributing to a safe and clean work environment by performing various custodial functions throughout the Distribution Centre.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned areas (including washrooms, offices, meeting rooms) with the use of appropriate materials and equipment to clean and disinfect.
- Mopping, cleaning, and vacuuming
- Collect garbage throughout the Distribution Centre, separate recycled material as necessary conforming to recycling guidelines. Compact cardboard and gather reusable boxes.
- Operate cleaning/janitorial equipment as required.
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report necessary repair items or concerns to Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical ability to perform the physical activities in a fast-paced environment including walking, standing, bending and lifting for extended periods of time.
- A self-starter with the ability to manage time and workload independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task.
- Awareness and knowledge of Health & Safety to follow all safety procedures.
- A reliable team player with a great attitude.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven working experience as a custodian, janitor or similar role is an asset.
- Sign non-disclosure agreement.
We will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants on request, under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.