Home Hardware Stores Limited is growing and has an exciting opportunity for a Merchandise Planner to join our Inventory Planning and Replenishment team. Reporting to the Senior Planner, Inventory Planning and Replenishment, you will report on the health of the business by leading and/or participating in merchandise inventory forecasts and plans, communicating financial results and business decisions, and developing corrective action plans as required.
What You'll Do:
- Use a results focused approach to inventory planning and forecasting for area of responsibility, with a view to achieving annual sales, inventory turnover, and margin plans.
- Collaborate with Merchants, Replenishment and Operation teams to support Category Management objectives. Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices, and develop systems knowledge.
- Partner with the buying and replenishment teams to build the inventory financial plans and forecasts.
- Analyze, forecast, and monitor results compared to KPI expectations and define corrective action where needed.
- Present findings to Managers, Senior Planners, and cross-functional Team Members.
- Identify untapped profit potential and gaps to ensure we meet targets.
- Seek opportunities for overall business improvement.
- Review vendor inventory productivity with Merchant and Replenishment to determine plan of action to optimize profitability in season.
- Oversee seasonal clearance cadence to address unproductive merchandise with the least impact on Gross margin.
- A college diploma in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain and 2-4 years Merchandise Planning experience or 2 years of Replenishment, Finance or Supply Chain experience.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a busy workload.
- Mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills with the ability to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor.
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Drive to seek improvement, personally, professionally, and for a Team.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.