Director, Distribution Centre - Lumber
Home Hardware Stores Limited has a new opportunity for a Director, Distribution Centre - Lumber to join our Kitchener Distribution Centre. Reporting to the Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO), you will be responsible for directing all operations of the Kitchener Dealer Support Centre to meet the needs of our Dealers while working closely with the LBM Commodity Teams to plan and manage both inbound and outbound order volumes.
If you are a strong collaborator with a high level of adaptability and are looking to build a meaningful career with a leading Canadian Retailer, we look forward to your application!
What you'll do:
- Control costs through productivity of personnel, efficient usage of storage space, and proper protection of stored materials. Recommends warehouse/material handling equipment needs and replacements.
- Recommend improvements to achieve operational efficiency driving all Team members towards a mindset of continuous improvement
- Establish Distribution Centre goals and objectives in support of the corporate business plan. Develops and implements practices to achieve set plans, providing direction and support to Team Members.
- Create and monitor budgets for all lumber yards with a focus on expense control and performance improvement. Review and approve on all related invoices. Provide weekly corporate updates on operations.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Kitchener Distribution Centre by working closely with direct reports to ensure effective and efficient operations within sub departments. Recommend improvements to achieve operational efficiency. Promote open communication and collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met.
- Responsible for enforcing Home Hardware policies of conduct and safety, and initiates disciplinary action as required.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of relevant legislation and corporate policies to ensure compliance and due diligence with respect to Team Members and Facilities. Ensures training is completed successfully and regularly where required.
- Communicate regularly with Dealers and other departments, to resolve complaints, provide information and deal with problems. Collaborates and provide guidance and direction with other departments.
- Conduct performance appraisals regularly, handle disciplinary process as required and manage attendance. Approve attendance data, absenteeism (including personal time and vacations) and overtime for payroll processing. Conducts interviews, provide input on all Supervisor positions and above on a corporate level. Conducts and assist with investigations on fraudulent /Team Member matters – includes meetings and documentation. This can include final dismissal meeting.
- 10+ years of related work experience in the lumber industry is required; Lumber Building Material Distribution Centre Management experience required.
- 5+ years of experience leading and motivating a team on all initiatives and deliverables to ensure successful delivery and execution.
- Experience in managing projects and people, both in a calm and stressful situation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clear and consistent messaging verbally and written.
- Works well under pressure, remaining calm and focused.
- Problem Solving, critical thinking & conflict resolution skills – lead by example.
- Adaptable to changing conditions and tasks.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.