Data Engineer (m/f/d) (Scala/Spark)
We are home24, the leading home & living e-commerce platform in continental Europe and Brazil. We are currently active in eight countries and in 2018, we became a publicly listed company in Germany. Over 1,000 Homies work together towards a common goal: to create happy homes for everyone and every budget.
How can we reach this goal? With an assortment of over 100,000 pieces of furniture and accessories from more than 500 suppliers, we offer the perfect addition to any living space combined with the comfort of being able to shop from anywhere.
What makes us proud to be Homies? We are pioneers in our market who seamlessly combine technology and creativity. We utilize data to provide personalized recommendations, tips and inspiration for every home.
At home24, we strive to deliver a superior assortment of products and the best service. To do this, we need fresh ideas, 100% motivation, and dedication to our company mission. We always have a space at our table for service-minded individuals who are passionate about digitization and modern living.
For our headquarter in Berlin Prenzlauer-Berg we are looking to have you on-board as our new:
Data Engineer (m/f/d) (Scala/Spark)
Our Marketing Technology (“Martech”) team is creating data-driven solutions that revolutionize and facilitate how Marketing operates. This involves data feeds, business insights, and analytical and machine learning models, along with other data products pushing marketing performance and automation.
- Work with the product manager and other data engineers in enhancing our data platform on AWS
- Work with data scientists and marketing stakeholders in building scalable machine learning models that leverage our data
- Build analytical workflows (e.g. custom user experiences, personalization, automated A/B testing)
- Design, implement and maintain batch, near time and real-time data processing pipelines
- Develop validation frameworks, proactive monitoring solutions to detect abnormalities
- Review your peers’ designs and code to ensure quality
- Suggest new technologies and architectures to improve the data platform
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related area
- 1-2 years working on projects using Scala with data processing frameworks (preferably Spark)
- Solid Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts and modelling
- A passion for emerging technologies
- Experience with AWS services
- Exposure to e-commerce is preferable
- Willingness to mentor team members in terms of best practices, code quality and tech frameworks
What we offer you
- Responsibilities right from the start and scope for developing your own ideas
- Modern technology stack and openness to innovations
- International colleagues from over 30 different countries
- Relocation support for our international recruits
- Support for personal development through conferences and trainings
- Benefits including employee discounts on all of our assortment, team events, free fruit and drinks, German language classes and more!
If you want to become part of a thrilling success story – we are looking forward to your application. Please send us your CV, cover letter and all relevant documents together with your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date via Jobvite.
Your home is surely filled with furniture of varying materials and styles. The same is true for home24 as an employer. We celebrate the diversity of the people who work with us. Be who you are and feel welcome to #makeyourselfathome24
home24 SE | Greifswalder Straße 212-213 | 10405 Berlin | Contact: Joao Mingote