Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Research Analyst to join our Data+Analytics team in Canada. This role presents a unique opportunity to apply and grow your primary research skills by working with a diverse base of influential clients within a dynamic global organization. This role can be based in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver.
As a Research Analyst with the Data + Analytics team you will:
- Collaborate with clients and H+K client teams to understand their primary research needs and define projects.
- Familiarize yourself with research issues by reviewing background documentation and some academic literature.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments (e.g., survey questionnaires, interview guides, focus group guides).
- Conduct one-on-one interviews and focus groups.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Conduct secondary research (e.g., Statistics Canada data, trends) and coherently summarize information.
- Produce reports that include detailed findings, insights, and implications for clients.
- Present findings to clients and H+K client teams.
- Support client teams to identify new opportunities for primary research work in their projects.
Here’s what you’ll need to get here:
Technical Experience & Skills
- Excellent writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong data visualization skills (e.g., presenting survey results in PowerPoint charts).
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Google Data Studio, Displayr, Tableau, PowerBI) is an asset.
- A good understanding of statistics, research methodologies and statistical packages (e.g., questionnaire design, survey sampling).
- Proficient with statistical analysis tools like SPSS
- An understanding of data analytics is an asset.
- The ability to speak and write in French at a professional level is an asset.
- Intellectually curious.
- Interested in public policy, government, politics, history, etc.
- Energetic self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Three to five years of direct experience in primary research, including survey research.
- A university degree.
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open