H+K is looking for a Billing Coordinator to join our team in Toronto or Ottawa. We are looking for a detail-oriented, client-focused problem-solver to support our consultant teams with the financial management of client accounts. The successful candidate will join our finance team of 14 including 7 billers, and will be responsible for reviewing project WIP reports, issuing invoices, creating and updating reconciliations, and assisting with receivables for a range of projects. Other responsibilities include performing month-end revenue adjustments, journal entry preparation and providing project reports for consulting teams.
- Compile monthly billing packages including time and expense reports, a client budget control report, invoices, status of account receivables and client profitability
- Collect and maintain client contract/project documentation to ensure billing is compliant with agreed terms (timing, details, backup, etc.)
- Liaison with client account leads to generate invoices ensuring that all time and out of pocket expenses are billed in accordance with contract terms, including gathering necessary backup (receipts), securing approvals and distributing invoices
- Provide analysis of client surplus/deficit and make any required adjustments for month-end revenue reporting
- Prepare work in progress reports for management
- Follow-up on client outstanding Accounts Receivable Invoices
- Work with client contacts and H+K’s accounts receivable team to address billing enquiries
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workload in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate and communicate in a clear, fact-based manner, including relaying financial information to a non-financial audience
- Strong attention to details is crucial for this role
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of billing experience in professional services sector, including experience in project accounting and good understanding of revenue recognition principles
- Knowledge and experience with Maconomy financial platform is an asset
- Previous exposure to SOX related controls is an asset
- University or College degree in business and finance preferred
- Strong Microsoft Word and advanced Excel proficiency to develop and prepare reports and project analysis
- Enrollment in the CPA program is an asset
- Bilingual proficiency (in written and verbal French and English) is an asset
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open
With nine offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, content marketing, research and measurement, public affairs, marketing communications, crisis, energy, technology, health care, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 10 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 87 offices in 49 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this capacity. He or she will be expected to perform other related duties as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.