Consultant, Communications and Public Engagement
Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Canada’s leading strategic communications consultancy, is seeking an energetic and high-performing Consultant, Communications and Public Engagement to join our growing team in Ottawa. This position presents the opportunity to work on diverse client mandates across a wide range of sectors including government, arts and culture, energy, health, and major infrastructure. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, have a keen interest in public policy and civic engagement, strong project management and attention to detail, and want to learn and grow in a collaborative, fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for not only incredible, diverse talent, but also great attitude, energy and passion.
Our people bring their individualism and creativity to work every day and love what they do. Hill+Knowlton Strategies Ottawa +YOU, together.
Here's what you would be doing:
- Development and implementation of integrated communications and engagement programs that generate awareness and create meaningful engagement with target audiences on issues important to stakeholders and communities
- Writing for a variety of channels and executions, including web content, social media, and stakeholder communications materials (presentations, backgrounders, etc.)
- Research in support of client mandates
- Social and traditional media monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Social media community management
- Supporting the planning and execution of meetings and events (virtual and in-person)
- Managing media relations
- Project management
- Delivering excellent client service
- Fostering relationships and building trust with colleagues, peers and clients
- Contribute to business development efforts
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package
- A career working with Canada’s leading public, private and not-for-profit sector organizations.
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
What you’ll need to get here:
- 3–5 years of work experience in a communications and/or stakeholder relations role.
- Undergraduate degree and/or college diploma in public relations/communications or a related field such as journalism, political science, public policy or social studies
- A consumer of news and a strong interest in the issues of the day
- An interest in understanding and communicating about technical/complex subject matter
- Proven experience in digital communications, tools and platforms
- Experience with stakeholder communications, media relations and public engagement
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Superior project and time management skills with keen attention to detail, ability to prioritize and deliver projects despite obstacles and delays.
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.