Account Executive - Issues+Crisis
Account Executive – Issues+Crisis - Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 2022 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 2022 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
The Corporate Affairs + Advisory practice brings together corporate and public affairs, senior counsel, employee engagement, training, E,D + I, and issues and crisis management.
We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing.
We expect our people to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role, making our agency the perfect home for an ambitious self-starter. We work with high profile clients to help them build, protect and enhance their reputations and manage their risks effectively.
Our clients include blue-chip brands, household names and FTSE 100 companies across all sectors.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a strong client handler with the confidence to work closely with senior stakeholders.
- Be able to use experience to manage issues or reputation for B2B and/or B2C clients.
- Be a media hound and have experience in media handling.
- Have active involvement in winning new business.
- Use initiative, drive, and have a knack for solving problems for clients.
- Manage the reputations on a range of issues from sustainability to cybercrime, E, D+I to restructuring.
- Opportunity to work across all elements of the practice, however, issues and crisis management will be a significant focus of this role.
- Interest in and understanding of, business issues, news and politics, the media, and the world around you.
- Ability to keep on top of trends news and the implication for your clients.
- Ambition, drive, and commitment to great results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Eager to learn from the best in the business, have the drive to get stuck in and take an active role to help our clients to build and manage their corporate reputations.
- Strategic thinker, able thrive in a fast paced and constantly changing environment, with curiosity and knowledge of the world we live in, the media agenda and how this applies to our clients.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
- Additional wellness days off for active commuting
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected]
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com