SPORTS CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR – MIDDLE EAST NEWSROOM
JOB TITLE: SPORTS CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR – MIDDLE EAST NEWSROOM
REPORT TO: COUNTRY SPORTS LEAD / MANAGING DIRECTOR
Do you live and breathe for sport, entertainment and culture? Do you have a deep passion for developing creative content that engages, inspires and motivates audiences?
If you love sports and believe its power to transform lives, have a deep understanding of the Middle East region and its emerging role in global sports, then we want to hear from you.
H+K Strategies sits at the very heart of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking transformations in the history of sport and entertainment. As a result, we are developing a newsroom hub to bring together world-class talents from creative and communication agencies, journalism, content and publishing, graphics + design, videography + production, data + insights and media buying.
Currently our work sees us manage an unrivalled portfolio of global brands, prestigious international events and high-profile federations with global ambitions. Everything from taking the region’s strongest football league to the world, selling-out world championship events, promoting Olympic athletes, introducing futuristic motorsport series, all the way through to managing headline music festivals. To support our mission and serve our clients with future communications, we are seeking a number of passionate, proactive and organized professionals at all levels to join our rapidly growing practice as part of a collaborative newsroom.
Sports campaign Directors at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) are active leaders of projects and within the newsroom function. You will be a role model for your team and a ‘trusted consultant’ to your clients running client activities as well as developing partnerships with government authorities, sports, event companies and organizing bodies.
The role requires mobility and flexibility to. The successful candidate can expect to support a live event press office functions alongside other major event and global brand work.
At this level, you have the experience and autonomy to independently lead a portfolio of clients, manage the newsroom function and it’s disciplines from content production to design and data, direct project campaigns and devise publishing channel strategies (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid).
Your creativity has ample chance to shine as you look for opportunities to grow trust, and deliver award-winning sport work as part of our global network of experts as well sharing a responsibility to grow the operation in support of and reporting into the Regional Director of Operations and Managing Director of the practice.
Our directors are passionate and proactive about storytelling, developing knowledge, championing H+K standards whilst supporting the strategic business objectives of the regional leadership team.
The following job description details the skills and competencies required for this level.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Independently counsel with confidence, maturity and professionalism on integrated communication strategies, stakeholder engagement, digital and social media plans and content strategies
- Be a trusted advisor, adding value to client relationships, assisting clients in achieving their business objectives and building incremental business
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with client
- Demonstrate understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approaches for each
- Deliver strategic senior counsel on content marketing, including how the content is published (channel, timing, optimization, influencer engagement)
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and exceed client’s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
- Be confident in managing and resolving challenges with clients around scope, performance, results and similar issues
- Develop and discuss an appropriate and transparent reporting, review and insight model that will demonstrate successes and identify failings of activity with clients in a positive and productive environment
- Lead in understanding, addressing and seeking positive resolution to client issues
- Create, lead and deliver presentations with impact
- Analyse an online digital and influencer audit and deliver recommendations
- Draw from H+K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
- Demonstrate a clear ability to lead teams to successful revenue growth; including staff allocation, motivation, structure, resourcing and coaching
- Support the practice lead and regional management team in terms of agency/sector vision and model the desired behaviour
- Embody the agency vision and culture of collaboration with your teams and lead by example
- Act as a rigorous Line Manager and be able to support all functions within a newsroom.
- Play a central role in recruiting new talent and retention of existing talent in the team/agency, whether it is journalists or videographers.
- Identify new opportunities and play a proactive role in terms of proposal development, pitching and conversion using the full Creative Process and other structures for new business developments. Lead new business pitches and make an active contribution
- Assume responsibility for budget monitoring, revenue forecasting, fee negotiation, staff planning and managing over-servicing levels for profitability
- Develop relationships with regional professional bodies
- Manage a newsroom function
- Exemplify the company’s ethics, vision and values in daily work
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
- Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services such as media training, messaging, strategy development, flight school and crisis preparation/handling
- Be seen as a leader within your office; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
- University degree
- 10++ years’ relevant industry experience (including agency)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven presentation and planning capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Bilingual is an asset
The position of Director will be based in the Middle East, depending whether the client opportunity exists on the ground. Benefits include;
- Saudi Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- one-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings