Account Director - Consumer Technology
Consumer Lifestyle: Account Director
H+K is a communications agency, always in beta and always changing. We are the first and only large agency to structure itself around sectors to deliver deep industry knowledge, supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a talented, creative, strategic and media savvy consumer Account Director, with UK as well as global or European experience to support a leading global consumer technology brand, a global hotel group, and our growing mobility sector that includes several household automotive brands and services.
These accounts offer high-profile visibility within the agency. As a leading member of the account teams, you’ll be given hands-on responsibility for projects, campaigns and client relations, and be responsible for ensuring campaigns are delivered against plans, budgets and KPIs.
Our ideal candidate will be able to showcase and demonstrate their role in the delivery of impactful consumer storytelling and campaigns that have driven game changing results for their clients, helping move the needle for their business and brand. You’ll get to deliver campaigns across experiential, traditional and digital platforms so an excellent understanding and demonstrable experience managing influencer programmes is important to this role.
You should have excellent client servicing skills, be able to quickly develop a deep and broad understanding of your clients’ often complex businesses, have strong media understanding and be familiar with media at the travel and/or tech titles. You have a proven track record in managing teams, operating as a confident leader with the ability to drive the success of your accounts through inspiring those around you.
It’s also crucial that you are a creative thinker, have a clear understanding of strategy and the ability to build strategic platforms and resulting campaigns for brands, and have a proven track record in selling ideas big and small, to clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in the tech and/or travel sectors – ideally both but consumer tech experience is essential
- Strategic + creative thinker with attention to detail, particularly under pressure
- The ability to find creative and strategic solutions to business needs
- Experience running global and / or regional (e.g. Pan European) campaigns, including the ability to come up with ideas that work across different markets and audiences, devise global/local media strategies, lead on and develop detailed toolkits and have experience in coordinating markets in a hub role
- Proven track record in creating and leading high-level, high-impact consumer communications campaigns, gained through experience of working with big brands
- Ability to drive strong earned media coverage, armed with media contacts to hit the ground running
- Well-versed in data + insight gathering and analysis to inform planning and ideas
- Proficient in preparing and managing complex budgets
- A strong understanding of influencer management and measurement
- Events management experience to deliver large and small scale events for consumers, media and influencers
- Proven experience in social media strategy, the latest social trends and platforms and an understanding of social media content
- Experience managing influencer relationships and devising content publishing plans across the main social channels
WHAT THE ROLE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to develop under the guidance of some of the best in the industry
- The chance to gain first-hand experience working on high-profile international brands
- Exposure to globally recognised clients and campaigns centred upon performance and purpose
- The ability to work alongside a passionate and supportive team
- Joining one of the world’s most respected, award-winning PR agencies
- Our dedicated training academy, The Hub, provides a breadth of skills enabling our people to take ownership of their career development and become trusted advisors to our clients
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries