PRODUCTION EDITOR (PREDITOR) SPORTS – MIDDLE EAST NEWSROOM
PRODUCTION EDITOR (PREDITOR) SPORTS – MIDDLE EAST NEWSROOM
REPORT TO: COUNTRY SPORTS LEAD / MANAGING DIRECTOR
Do you live and breathe for sport, entertainment and culture? Do you have a deep passion for developing creative content that engages, inspires and motivates audiences?
If you love sports and believe its power to transform lives, have a deep understanding of the Middle East region and its emerging role in global sports, then we want to hear from you.
H+K Strategies sits at the very heart of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking transformations in the history of sport and entertainment. As a result, we are developing a newsroom hub to bring together world-class talents from creative and communication agencies, journalism, content and publishing, graphics + design, videography + production, data + insights and media buying.
Currently our work sees us manage an unrivalled portfolio of global brands, prestigious international events and high-profile federations with global ambitions. Everything from taking the region’s strongest football league to the world, selling-out world championship events, promoting Olympic athletes, introducing futuristic motorsport series, all the way through to managing headline music festivals. To support our mission and serve our clients with future communications, we are seeking a number of passionate, proactive and organized professionals at all levels to join our rapidly growing practice as part of a collaborative newsroom.
We are looking for a creative, organised and motivated video production editor (Preditor) to join our growing team in one of the Middle East’s biggest markets.
You will be a key partner in the newsroom function focused on delivered strong editorial storytelling across a number of exciting mega sports projects and strategic communications for government clients and working closely with international organisations. We are looking for talent who can develop authentic, credible, high quality content for local, regional and global audiences.
The role requires mobility and flexibility to. The successful candidate can expect to support a live event press office functions alongside other major event and global brand work.
You will conceptualise, research, pitch, film and produce and edit high quality films. Your role will also involve video output by freelance filmmakers, UGC content from contributors and in-house productions. This could range from feature films, promotional videos, event highlights, social media edits and more.
At this level, you have the experience and autonomy to independently lead content campaigns across social and digital publishing channels (traditional and social; earned, owned, shared and paid). Your creativity has ample chance to shine as you look for opportunities to grow trust, and deliver award-winning work as part of our global network of experts as well sharing a responsibility to grow an editorial team in support of, and reporting into the country lead and Managing Director of the practice.
The successful candidate will need to bring fresh ideas, creative thinking, energy and a strategic mindset to developing and producing high quality, tailored content that compliments feature films, promotional videos, event highlights, social media edits and more.
Fluency in English is essential / Arabic skills are a plus.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
At this level, you will be able to:
- Develop innovative video content ideas which work across broadcast, digital and social platforms, tailored to individual projects or wider client needs
- Consistently produce and shoot films with an emphasis on storytelling
- Manage multiple creative assignments in a hands-on fashion during all stages of development, from ideation through to post-production
- Develop comprehensive forward content calendars, planning ahead with the wider content team to maximise story-telling potential and audience engagement across multiple channels
- Managing resources and talents of junior editorial team members to ensure output
- Use insights gained from data and analytics colleagues to identify content opportunities and audience strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of camera equipment (from Sony FS5, Sony a7s, or similar, down to GoPros and 360 degree cameras)
- Proficient in lighting and audio techniques.
- Must have solid editing skills such as using Adobe Premiere and ability with software such (but not limited to) as Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of online/social streaming video platforms, appropriate content capture and encoding software a plus.
- Manage client feedback and deadlines, frequently in live, high-pressure environments, ensuring planned output includes approvals and final edits, and is tracked
- Independently counsel clients with confidence, maturity and professionalism on content strategies and video storytelling
- Be bold; pitch and deliver innovative content ideas to clients and develop creative solutions that boost their brand’s reputation
- Fluently and confidently discuss social and digital strategies with client
- Demonstrate/develop an understanding of earned, owned, shared and paid channels, and recommend approaches for each
- Deliver strategic senior counsel on video content, including how the content is published (channel, timing, optimization, influencer engagement)
- Ensure content is delivered on time, within budget and exceed client’s expectations in terms of results and professionalism; manage resources, review and approve client deliverables
- Draw from H+K network and industry contacts to bring in the right internal and external expertise to add value
- Curious, creative and up for a challenge
- Smart and a clear communicator
- Passionate about sport
- Friendly and positive in a team environment
- Confident in client facing situations
- Passionate and knowledgeable about editorial content
- An optimist
- Obsessive about attention to detail
- Happy to work hard and outside working hours
- A problem solver
- Able to bring out the best in your teammates
- Experienced in shooting, editing and producing engaging videos, either for news channels or for sporting / live events
- Understanding of storytelling and what makes an engaging story
- Video background with remote production experience and a killer showreel
- Knowledge of the region, culture and working practices
- Deep understanding of publishing and digital channel strategies
- A degree in film production (or relevant other qualification) and at least 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Exemplify the company’s ethics, vision and values in daily work
- Build on your emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Independently, assume a greater level of responsibility and accountability for client relationships, driving your practice area with revenue targets
- Create and drive initiatives to strengthen skills and culture of practice area/office through training and/or office responsibilities
- Take a lead role on strategic consultancy services such as media training, messaging, strategy development, flight school and crisis preparation/handling
- Be seen as a leader within your team; display gravitas; manage difficult client relationships
The position of Production Editor will be based in the Middle East, depending whether the client opportunity exists on the ground. Benefits include;
- Saudi Residency Visa
- Life insurance with medical insurance plan
- 24 days annual holidays allocated on a pro rata basis
- One annual flight to your home country to the value of 3000 AED
- Competitive salary package paid out at the end of each month in arrears
- one-way economy class ticket + assistance to ship over personal belongings