Senior Account Executive
Executes public relations programs with increased client interaction. Begins to manage accounts on a day-to-day basis. Manages workflow on accounts for AEs, ACs and Interns. Begins to establish a specialty or practice area.
- 2 - 3 years agency experience or equivalent
- Ability to write and edit documents
- Understands principles of public relations and relevant client industries
- Possesses maturity and judgment skills necessary for client contact
- Thorough knowledge of media and how it functions
- Some supervisory experience – managing programs and personnel
- Ability to manage client budgets and deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates capability for independent client contact by having a solid understanding of the client’s industry, business directions and organization.
- Able to respond quickly when problems arise.
- Attempts to solve problems independently before seeking help from supervisors.
- Shares ideas and viewpoints with supervisors regarding client needs on current assignments.
- Works on a range of public relations/public affairs activities including:
- event planning/organization
- logistical support within one or more accounts
- Actively involved in representing clients to the media and manages aspects of media relations, including news conferences, promotions, product launches, editorial board meetings, etc.
- Exhibits knowledge of print and broadcast production process; ability to deal with designers, producers and other specialists.
- When assigned, serves as liaison between client and other H&K offices.
- Delegates effectively – knowing what tasks are appropriate for subordinates and assigning them.
- Able to prioritize and manage own work, as well as that of subordinates, to meet goals of clients and supervisors.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of Account Executives and Account Coordinators. This includes being aware of their target utilization, working with other team members to ensure that monthly goals are achieved and addressing any problems with supervisor and subordinate.
- Assists H&K management in building top performing teams serving as an effective coach to subordinates.
- Knowledge of client’s contract and budget and responsible for preparing monthly billing letters and activity reports.
- Understands revenue model and looks for signs of potential problems. Notifies appropriate supervisor and local H&K Financial Manager of any issues.
- Continues to expand knowledge of H&K financial systems (JSRs, Estimators, forecasting budgets, etc.).
- Monitors hours and expenses against monthly budget or program budgets through weekly review of activities.
- Works with financial staff to follow-up with clients on past due invoices.
- Identifies incremental business opportunities on current accounts and shares information with appropriate supervisor.
- Assists in responding to RFPs and other inquiries from clients and/or new business proposals.
- Through networking, identifies potential new business and/or up-sell opportunities.
- Pursues career development opportunities related to his/her own career advancement.
- Responsible for monitoring subordinates training participation to ensure goals are achieved.
- Participates in H&K training program.
- Participates in one networking event or activity per month.
- Projects a positive image of H&K at all times.
- Any additional works assigned by company.