Account Director - Consumer Packaged Goods - Corporate Communications / Sustainability
H+K Strategies is the first large communications agency to structure itself around industry sectors. This adds deep industry knowledge to the agency’s core communications business which is supported by specialist areas of ideas and strategy, content creation and publishing. Everyone in our agency is expected to constantly evolve, reinvent their skills and set a new standard in the industry for their role.
The Consumer Goods sector is a team of around 15 talented publishing and creative strategists, influencer and media managers, content creators and client service specialists. This fast paced and ambitious team delivers award winning work for both some of the world’s largest consumer brands and some of the most exciting market disrupters; devising and implementing major brand initiatives, both globally and locally, running busy press offices, creating toolkits and developing content and publishing strategies for clients.
We have a new opportunity for a strong Account Director with a solid corporate communications and sustainability background, to work predominantly on one client which is to support the company storytelling for a leading FMCG company at both an EU and UK level. The ideal candidate will have a solid experience at telling CSR and company related stories in a creative and engaging way, encompassing experience in sustainability and diversity, as well as experience in event activation with a strong book on media contacts to draw on.
The candidate would also have experience of developing media strategies, coordinating and managing interviews with clients and media, preparing briefings, creating and managing stakeholder schedules, competently drafting Q&A’s and press releases and proactively pitching to media to drive earned media in relevant titles.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
- Proven corporate communications background
- Confident counsellor of clients
- Background and knowledge of CSR
- Demonstrable record in activating powerful CSR storytelling campaigns in fresh relevant ways
- Expert at leading events that deliver interview opportunities and earned coverage
- Strong understanding of the UK media landscape – EU media landscape would be a bonus
- Creative and curious – always looking from new ideas, bringing the outside in and offering great creative ideas to bring stories to life
- Experience working with FMCG brands, with a proven ability in helping them navigate today’s landscape
- Proficient at developing then activating smart media and content strategies
- Confident media pitcher, tapping into existing contacts and quickly building new ones to help unlock new opportunities
- Proficient in preparing and managing budgets
- Strong written and organisational skills with solid attention to detail
- Big-picture thinker with attention to detail, particularly under pressure
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy - ‘The Hub’