Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a Research Analyst to join our Data + Analytics team in Canada. This role presents a unique opportunity to apply and grow your data science skills across a range of areas, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, measurement, data analytics, and data visualization. Some of the different types of data you will be working with include survey data, social and traditional media data, and advertising data. There are always interesting projects to work on thanks to H+K’s diverse base of influential clients. This role can be based in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver and is accommodating of remote-work/flexible work arrangements.
As a Research Analyst with the Data + Analytics team you will be responsible for:
- Survey programing and survey management
- Programming advanced surveys with custom designs and functionality
- Monitoring data collection for in-house and outsourced surveys for data quality and sample quotas
- Working closely with sample providers (e.g., quotation requests, sampling plans, invoicing)
- Assisting with questionnaire design
- Data analysis - Quantitative
- Processing survey data, generating data tables, crosstabs, analyzing data, and ad hoc data requests
- Working with spreadsheet data (e.g., media monitoring data, social data)
- Working with scaled data sources H+K has access to (e.g., Brandwatch, Brand Asset Valuator, GWI, trends data)
- Data analysis - Qualitative
- Content analysis, codebook generation, thematic analysis
- Assisting in qualitative research methods (e.g., key informant interviews, focus groups) and managing associated data
- Training other teams on some of these techniques
- Working with scaled data sources H+K has access to (e.g., Brandwatch, Cision, Meltwater, reviews data)
- Producing custom and longitudinal primary research reports
- Qualitative / coding synthesis reports
- Presentation decks
- Interactive data dashboards
- Media intelligence reports / dashboards
- Secondary research
- Desk research for sample quotas, sample designs, questionnaire design (e.g., Statistics Canada, Canada Post)
Technical Experience & Skills
- Experience in market and/or public opinion research, including questionnaire design, sampling, quantitative data analysis, production of reports using PowerPoint charts, conducting one-on-one interviews and focus groups, qualitative data analysis and report writing.
- Experience using R, SPSS, Excel, GoogleSheets, PowerPoint.
- Experience with advanced survey programming platforms (e.g., Alchemer, Qualtrics, Confirmit, Voxco, Interceptum)
- Strong oral and written communication for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Firm understanding of statistics.
- Experience with crosstab software (e.g., Q Research Software, MarketSight, Survey Reporter, WinCross).
- Familiarity with building dashboards is an asset.
- Bilingualism in verbal and written French and English is an asset.
- Knowledge or interest in public policy is an asset.
- Nice to have:
- Intellectually curious.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Energetic self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- One to three years’ experience in market research, market analytics, primary research, social research, or similar technical field.
Currently all H+K employees are working remote until our offices re-open