Senior Vice President, Head of DE&I, Americas
Senior Vice President, Head of DE&I, Americas
Reporting to our Global Head of Talent Management and DE&I with a matrix relationship to the Head of People and Culture, Americas, this is a pivotal strategic leadership role with a regional remit for the U.S., Canada and LATAM markets and an opportunity to be part of our executive management team to effectuate real change, both within our company and in the business at large. This position will focus on reaching H+K’s short-term and long-term D&I goals, KPI’s, action plans and metrics that drive business results.
The Americas DE&I leader will help drive and support the company’s diversity and inclusion goals and objectives that are aligned with H+K’s overall global agency strategy. The leader will provide counsel and leadership that supports the firm’s efforts on diverse recruitment strategies, employee engagement and learning and development. The leader will develop relationships with key trade/industry organizations including industry D&I organizations and initiatives, as well as other strategic D&I partnerships and relationships that support H+K’s D&I strategy and plan.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in leading diversity & inclusion initiatives with experience in direct and influential interaction with executive management, to take over and provide leadership and strategy to our existing U.S. program and goals. He/she/they will demonstrate the vision, commitment, and passion to champion our mission and cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
In this critical leadership role, you will:
- Serve as a senior DE&I strategist and subject matter expert for H+K.
- Be an inspirational leader, able to engage with, build strong relationships and provide thought leadership to our Americas executive management team and staff.
- Guide and increase our understanding of the external communities we operate in and be a credible voice for H+K Strategies.
- Be the eyes and ears of the social environments we operate in order to provide strategic insights to support our business strategy.
- Ensure we do not have any cultural ‘organizational blind spots’ in supporting our staff, clients, partners, and vendors.
- Possess the ability to constructively champion ‘unpopular causes’ and build a coalition to change mindsets.
- Be a change agent, spearheading our diversity & inclusion mission in partnership with our executive management team and staff across the region.
- Promote our “One H+K” culture initiatives, while also respecting the identity of each of our Americas markets.
- Develop and execute tailored strategies, programs and experiences that cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture, promoting real transformation against the backdrop of a hyperaware industry conscience.
- Provide strategic direction and support to our efforts to develop and empower Employee Resource Groups, and other key stakeholder groups.
- Collaborate with our People + Culture team on talent development, talent management, and talent acquisition strategies.
- Work with our HRIS/HR Operations teams to establish key metrics to measure and track the outcomes of our diversity & inclusion programs, while also ensuring compliance with EEOC and other legal requirements.
- Develop a strategy to attract, retain and train diverse talent through targeted university, college and industry relationships.
- Lead the design and execution of DE&I reporting to H+K Americas leadership, employees, clients and holding company stakeholders.
- Partner with our HR leaders and business leaders to monitor leadership and employee sentiment and constantly assess feedback.
- Lead H+K’s recognition, programs and promotion of cultural awareness moments in time (Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Pride Month, Asian-Pacific American Heritage, Hispanic History Month, Native American Heritage, Month, etc.).
- Work closely with our Corporate Communications team to represent H+K Strategies at targeted internal and external events, create strategic partnerships, and develop diversity & inclusion-focused communication strategies and initiatives.
- Represent H+K at external forums, conferences, professional associations and meetings.
What It Takes To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience leading diversity & inclusion strategies in a multinational company or companies.
- Proven track record of leading company-wide diversity & inclusion strategies, initiatives, and programs with multiple stakeholders, in a complex environment.
- Executive presence and gravitas; confidence in facilitating, presenting, communicating, and influencing all levels of employees, as well as external partners.
- Capable of driving multiple initiatives and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Has established relationships with local and national diversity organizations and partners.
- Embraces change efforts and uses collaborative approaches to increase creativity and innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Media trained and experienced working with communications teams.
- Strong analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative.
- Experience in a related industry (e.g., public relations, media) is a plus
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, fitness reimbursement, your birthday off, professional development opportunities and more.
· A career working with a growing team that is helping client’s address some of the world’s toughest health challenges.
· An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative team culture.
· Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products, and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency, and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.