Senior Account Executive
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for a Senior Account Executive to support its growing U.S. Energy and Industrials (E+I) practice. This is an amazing opportunity to work with companies that are leading the energy transition, implementing some of the world’s most innovative new technologies, and managing through one of the most unique business environments in history as the nation emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic. You will have the opportunity to grow as a communications professional within a global network of energy and industrial experts and experience/learn a full spectrum of communications skills, including media relations, crisis communications, financial communications, employee relations, and many other key areas of expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
· Organize and oversee a large-scale media monitoring operation with daily and monthly reports to clients.
· Assisting in the development of client messaging and positioning for corporate, product and thought leadership programs
· Manage multiple projects for top-tier clients
· Developing materials that articulate and promote our client’s initiatives and programs
· Generating fresh ideas for programs, events and media outreach that parallel client objectives
· Exercising creativity in account strategy and planning
· Assist in coordinating client events and strategic initiatives
What you’ll need to get here:
· Undergraduate degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Business or Public Relations
· 3 + years of full-time public relations experience, preferably in an agency; energy or industrials related communications experience required
· Strong project management experience, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations and operate independently
· Superb writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms with a keen eye for detail (ie., experience writing press releases, white papers, op-eds, talking points, social media content, and more)
· Media relations expertise and pitching experience, with the ability to establish and grow media relationships
· Digital & social media savvy with an understanding of how to reach a target audience and drive engagement through new media
· Exceptional time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with quality and efficiency
· Professionalism, poise and confidence participating in a variety of situations including client meetings, internal executive meetings and media events
· Passion, integrity and excitement for working with industry-leading teams and clients within a globally influential firm
A little about H+K
H+K Strategies is one of the world’s largest and most renowned communications firms, with more than 85 offices around the globe.
At H+K here in the U.S., our first priority is our people and creating an experience for each employee that is positive and fulfilling. Do you like being able to work from anywhere and in a way that is best for your life? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working for the industry’s most exciting clients and supporting headline-grabbing programs? Come join us at H+K. Do you like working with nice people? Come join us at H+K. Do you like industry-best benefits, vacation time, wellness time and parental leave? You guessed it, come join us at H+K.
Come join us at H+K. Where we believe in the power of “Being” everything that our employees need us to be – creating a work life that is all about Being Flex, Being Connected, Being Well, Being Empowered and Being Valued. And we keep innovating and evolving our employee experience based on what we hear directly from our team members, because we strive to be the absolute best place to work.
So let’s recap, what to expect if you were to work at H+K:
- Nice, passionate colleagues and a supportive work culture
- Flexible work modes program, where you can choose whether you work from home, work from the office or a mix of both – a completely hybrid, distributed work force
- Exciting clients and opps to stretch up and across to grow within the company
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing, industry-best benefits, such as
- Comprehensive and inclusive health, dental, vision and mental healthcare
- Back-up care, paid parental leave (16-week maternity leave!) and other family solutions
- Retirement savings and student loan refinancing partner options
- Insanely good vacation and wellness time off, no matter your level
- Plus, other engaging employee programming, such as
- Ally and mentorship program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Experience committees
- And, worth mentioning, frequent happy hours
Most importantly! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, H+K Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.
COME JOIN US!