Senior Account Manager, Earned and Social Media
The H+K Strategies team is looking for a talented Senior Account Manager with strong earned and social media experience to join our group. This is an opportunity to join a truly global team and do creative, integrated work that will make a positive impact on the world we live in, and on the economy, as we drive demand for an exciting client by showcasing its strong sustainability credentials.
This growing team is fast paced and cares deeply about doing great work for our clients.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in earned media, with the ability to relentlessly pursue coverage and possess strong contacts within the national press, as well as experience in placing sustainability stories with top-tier, opinion-forming media.
The candidate should be equally confident in social media with strong knowledge of key social platforms and the ability to develop social media strategy to reach relevant audiences and create compelling content that will cut through.
We are looking for someone who is both a self-starter and a team player – motivated to deliver results but also able to work effectively with colleagues.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or related
- 5-7 years of communications/PR experience either agency or in-house; agency experience preferred; sector experience in retail and/or agriculture a plus
- Proven experience in media relations; a track record of success placing sustainability stories with national print, digital and broadcast outlets
- Excellent knowledge of the social media landscape; experience developing social media strategy and creating and publishing content for brands/organizations
- Results oriented – won’t stop until you deliver results
- Takes initiative; doesn’t wait to be told
- Experience in sustainability a +
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package—including healthy vacation allotment, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision support, schedule flexibility (hours & location), fitness reimbursement, your birthday off and more
- A career working with and influencing bold, creative teams and client account that has a positive impact on the world
- An inspiring, passionate, driven, fun, and creative team culture
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is an international public relations company with over 85 offices around the world.
We believe that every corporation, every brand, every client has a public and today’s public is more powerful than ever before. They have the power to topple CEO’s, reshape corporate and brand strategy, kill products and create unicorns. Today’s public demands truth, transparency and the highest behavioral standards.
Our client obsession means constantly evolving new products + services to help brands and the public communicate. Always in beta.
At H+K our belief is that the agency is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. This job description is written at a moment in time; whatever role you take at H+K we expect you to evolve that role; it should be different tomorrow than it is today and set new standards in the industry.
Join our team and harness the power of the public.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.