Public Relations Account Director
Hill + Knowlton Strategies is looking for an Account Director to join our communications team in Toronto. We are a dynamic public relations team with a well-established but fast-growing practice that specializes in serving corporate, B2B and consumer clients. We are looking for a self-starter who will bring a great attitude, energy and passion to our strategic communications team. This role will be responsible for providing strategic communications and project management for our technology and/ or financial and professional services client accounts. The successful candidate will be the key contact for clients and day-to-day team lead to ensure we deliver quality work and satisfaction is maintained at the highest level.
The Account Director applies strategic thinking to client programs, deploys resources to achieve client objectives and oversees execution of programs. As an Account Director, you are nimble, show initiative and have developed sector expertise that move H+K forward, consistent with our depth + breadth strategy and commitment to being ‘client obsessed.’ You also have experience managing and delegating work with teams, providing clear, actionable work plans that thrive on accountability and results. You believe building strong teams requires positive mentorship and collaboration, bringing a growth mindset to the way you coach and provide feedback to your colleagues everyday.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop client strategies and provide ongoing counsel to clients and colleagues
- Deliver insights and persuasive counsel to clients that advances their objectives
- Manage client teams, overseeing all elements of a program or project delivery
- Ensure client satisfaction by anticipating client needs, opportunities and challenges, and managing them as they arise
- Coach colleagues and provide oversight for work product developed and delivered by client team
- Be knowledgeable of current events, sector and service trends with an eye to how they will impact clients
- Create and maintain productive relationships with stakeholders relevant to clients, identifying opportunities for clients to collaborate effectively
- Apply H+K innovations to solve client problems and create new opportunities
- Participate in new business opportunities and the development of new business proposals and pitches
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the business in Toronto and nationally to deliver insightful, informed programs
- Be accountable for client budgets, adjusting as needed based on changes in the client’s environment and being transparent about the impact on budget and timelines
What you’ll need to get here:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in communications; agency experience and knowledge of the technology and/or financial and professional services sectors a plus
- Proven track record of success and specialized knowledge in developing and managing integrated corporate and B2B communications programs that meet business objectives
- A client-obsessed attitude, held accountable to results and drive to succeed
- Experience leading and coaching teams to execute programs
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
- Proven account/project management skills including budget management
- Experience managing account profitability, ensuring the staffing mix on the account is appropriate
What else is in it for you?
- Competitive benefits package
- A career working with and influencing a diverse portfolio of influential consumer brand clients
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training and mentoring to help you grow, expand your skills and become your professional best
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We currently work remotely with a plan to return to office when healthcare authorities feel that it is safe to do so.
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
With eight offices across the country, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada is a leader in both public relations and public affairs. Headquartered in Toronto, the company is the No. 1-rated strategic communications firm in the country. Its experts specialize in corporate communications, marketing communications, public affairs, citizen engagement, crisis, energy, technology, health care, content marketing, research and measurement, social and digital communications, financial communications and transactions. The only communications firm to have earned the Canada Order of Excellence for Quality from Excellence Canada, it has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for 11 consecutive years. Its parent company, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has 86 offices in more than 47 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s largest communications services groups.