Public Relations Fellow, Health
Hill+Knowlton Strategies’ New York office is currently seeking a Public Relations Fellow to become a valuable part of our US Healthcare team. We are looking for someone with an interest in healthcare public relations to service a diverse roster of healthcare clients and products. Whether you’re helping to develop an innovative communications program to support a new product launch or conducting research to inform a strategic response to address an impending crisis, you will be exposed to the key drivers and fundamental values that make Hill+Knowlton a leader in the health communications industry.
- Support client account teams
- Conduct media relations
- Build strategic media lists for effective and successful media outreach
- Develop and edit press materials to be used in media relations
- Compile research and provide full summary reports
- Contribute actively in office-wide brainstorms
- Conduct insightful research to inform client plans
- Monitor and compile news coverage
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills – clear and concise writing required
- Detail-oriented, with strong social media and research skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others and independently as needed
- Positive attitude with a proactive approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Inquisitive and curious – able to identify and pursue potential leads for more open-ended strategic projects
- Undergraduate degree in PR, Journalism, Communications, Media Studies or related
- A background in public relations – school or prior internships
- Proficiency with AP Style and the ability to draft basic documents (press releases, pitch letters, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work assignments and be very detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Maturity, keen judgment, enthusiasm and strong people skills
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of Cision and other media driven programs a plus)
- Ability to work well independently while also contributing as part of a team
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter with availability date. If there is an opportunity to interview, a member of the talent acquisition team will be in contact with you. Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we ask that you please do not call the office.
We require immediate full-time availability throughout the 6 month term (minimum 40 hours per week).
H+K is an international public relations network with more than 80 offices around the globe. H+K delivers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations expertise which enable us to solve complex communications challenges for our clients. Our ‘breadth and depth’ model allows us to bring together the best expertise and specialisms from across the industry to create agile teams for our clients.
H+K serves a wide portfolio of brands and businesses across a variety of sectors. This fast paced and ambitious team delivers award winning work for some of the world’s most iconic and disruptive brands. No matter the client or the sector, we challenge ourselves to create campaigns and content that cuts through and creates tangible impact.
Each day, more than 2000 of the smartest, most innovative and collaborative people in the world come to work at Hill +Knowlton Strategies. We invite you to apply!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hill+Knowlton Strategies does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.